Just bought 1st reg/gauge set from LDS used, good deal or they dump junk on me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterwraith:
That price sounds a little steep for used and abused rental gear and you still need a BC. If I were you I would look at other options. My LDS will sell you a Aqualung BC, Reg, octo, guage for five hundred and the gear is only used for one year and comes with full warranties and free service if anything goes wrong. Oh and the gear is rated for cold and deep water use.

It's good to hear when a LDS help make diving affordable by selling their cert gear for a reasonable price.

Ron

Ron[/QUOTE]
Plus, so much for NOT selling gear to non-certified divers as you are NOT certified yet?

Since when does one have to be certified to purchase scuba equiptment ?

oleras:
Since when does one have to be certified to purchase scuba equiptment ?

Only in a parallel universe....

Everything is the same, except that donuts fall out of the sky and you have to have a cert to even drive past a dive shop.

Just a quick comment on the "glow in the dark" gauges.....I DO find them to be useful on night dives, because, instead of looking at my gauges AS I shine my bright light onto them (and losing a bit of night vision because of looking at something close & bright), I will put my light on top of the gauge (shining it onto it) for a second or two, THEN look at the gauges (without the light) so I can read them by their dim glow alone. Not a big deal, I know, but I find it useful...and you don't have to worry about accidentally reflecting the divelight's beam back into your (or your buddy's) eyes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom