Just bought a Sherwood Wisdom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgangi

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been on the market for a new dive computer and finally settled on the Sherwood Wisdom. My other computer is a Sherwood Logic that I purchased used on eBay and I have been very impressed with that computer -- it's simple to use and has been trouble-free for 2 years. And the Wisdom apparently carries over some of the same ease-of-use features that I enjoy on the Logic.

I must have gotten a steal on my old Logic, because I could not find anything that was decent for <$200 (complete with compass). I paid $175 in 2003 for a 2002 Logic with compass. I thought I could get another bargain like that today but it was futile.

So when I figured I had to spend $350-$400 on a non-AI computer with compass, I figured I might as well spend another $50-$100 and go for an AI computer. I looked at the Oceanic Datamax, Suunto Cobra, Sherwood Wisdom, and Aeris Atmos AI. Of all these, I thought the Sherwood had the best looking display by far.

I am going to take 2 dive trips over the next 6 weeks and will get to try out the new computer then. I will let you all know how I like it...

Thx...Doug

I also just got the sherwood wisdom computer too, with QD and Compass (but haven't gotten it in the mail yet). Have fun with the wisdom! I know I will too :)

When you get it watch it! Make sure that the unit is at "SEA" level. I had to return mine because it went to "LEVEL2" and then "LEVEL3".

Other than that I have had no problems with it.

rcain1:
When you get it watch it! Make sure that the unit is at "SEA" level. I had to return mine because it went to "LEVEL2" and then "LEVEL3".

Other than that I have had no problems with it.

I'll second that comment. Had the same problem. Fortunately I got it replaced in three days. Scubatoys rocks!

Back
Top Bottom