Just finished first set of open water dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got my certification last weekend. My open water dives were alright except for my right ear. A couple days before my dives I came down with some TMJ issues on my right side. It was painful in waves. It didnt hurt when I was diving, but it made it hard to equalize. I did a slow descent and i barely still equalized and it hurt. For the rest of the dives everything was fine...until i got home.

I got home three days ago, and my ear has been hurting terribly since. The doc says I got an ear infection in addition to the persistent TMJ pain. I found taking a sudafed before helps. They say not to take medication, but its a 12 hour, so it worked just fine.

You can one thing for yourself. Just before you wade into the water, set your compass on a heading that would bring you back to your starting point. Now, no matter where you go in the quarry, you know home is "thataway". This is just a little thing that you may not even really use but the simple knowing which way is home can help you relax.

Back
Top Bottom