Just fun, inquiring divers wanted to know..so

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where can you buy dry ice in bulk???

We used to get ours from a welding shop for our Halloween stuff!

wow ...found dry ice at a beer distribitor. We did a dry run tonight with a piece of dry ice, an empty plastic soda bottle and a little bit of water let in at 25ft. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! Don't try this at home. Alot of power for such simple items as well as loud... oooops. (can you hear me now?_)

Were going try a sealed pelican box with a few pounds of dry ice. Any suggestions on how to do a trigger mechanism safetly inside the box at some depth. This thing is going to be loud. Our focus is on safety so ideas appreciated.

thinking_emoticon.jpg
MacGuiver would know.... isn't he on your team?

..snip..
2.) 100w light bulbs explode at 45 ft so be sure to keep them inside a zip lock baggie if you need to dive with them.
..snip..

That's really amazing. I would have expected them to implode. :confused:

Sorry, couldn't help it. :D

Were going try a sealed pelican box with a few pounds of dry ice. Any suggestions on how to do a trigger mechanism safetly inside the box at some depth. This thing is going to be loud. Our focus is on safety so ideas appreciated.

Looking forward to the VIDEOs of that :D

But what's your fail-safe? How will will you approach it safely if it doesn't blow up on its own?

Shoot it with a rigged spear gun.

That's really amazing. I would have expected them to implode. :confused:

They dealt with the pressure on the way down with no problem. They "exploded" on ascent. It was a neat example of reverse squeeze. Were going to repeat this one as with varying depths and ascent rates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom