Just got back from Playa Del Carmen and need a video editor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

300winmag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I took 49.6 GB of video from our dive trips and now I need to find an editor so I can post'em. Should be easy and free... in that order lol
I really want to show you guys what happens when you buy the Trustfire TR-DF003 and take it under water!!

Best place to start would be with those provided by windows or mac for free and these are about as easy as it gets, there may be other free options around but I doubt any better then what comes with windows or mac OS.

For anything more advanced you will need to spend a bit of money and there are so many options around and the more advanced the editor the less easy they will generally be for a first timer.

Youtube now has an "ok" video editor that allows you to crop, adjust saturation, brightness, and join files you upload, if that is all you need.

The version that comes with windows only has output of wma.
I need to splice a bunch of videos into one with music and maybe a little something else. Don't think you tube can do that.
I checked C-Net but the editors seem to be getting a bit to generous with their ratings as most users have the opposite views and mostly for good reason.

LOL thanx, I am using Windows XP. Just installed MPEG Streamclip but eveytime I try to open a video it says "MPEG Streamclip has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have a feeling this might be because of VLC though.

First get this (it's free): http://gopro.com/support/cineform-studio-software-support/ It may do everything you want.

Otherwise get a free video converter - I use Super - and convert the files to .avi or something Windows Movie Maker will import.

The cheapest editor I've seen recently is Nero Video 11. $29.95 from their website. There's a free trial you can download first.

Is your XP machine older? It may have a problem handling the HD .mp4 files the GoPro generates. You likely need a dual-core processor with some memory at a minimum. Might be why MPEG Streamclip is crashing.

I was going to download it but then read that it won't combine video's into one...

---------- Post Merged at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:45 PM ----------

I have downloaded VSDC free video editor and it looks like it has everything I need but I can't figure out how to use the damn thing lol

Youtube now has an "ok" video editor that allows you to crop, adjust saturation, brightness, and join files you upload, if that is all you need.

As I said, nothing is simpler than the Youtube editor, it's very intuitive. It will keep your HD quality and can combine different files together, just upload all of them. If you want just to have the videos online, then this would be an easy way. You can also download the files from Youtube, there are third-party programs to do that.

Hmmm it does seem to do everything lol
However my files are 2 to 4GB each with a total of 49.6GB, would they let me upload files that size?
It says "Upload HD videos in various formats up to 15 minutes." Then gives me a link to increase my limit by giving them my phone# so they can text me a verification #.
Does this mean to upload my video's I would have to give them my number? If so I would like to know if they sell or trade it.
Thanx for your help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom