Just got back from Playa Del Carmen and need a video editor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey !
Cannot help with the editing but sure hope to see the result ?? Glad I could help with obtaining the footage... hope to see you both next year.
By the way following our conversation ....@RQDivers

Hahaha ya, I'm trying to see if it will let me upload a video of 3.6GB, it's been uploading for 5 mins now and the time remaining..... "21335 minutes remaining"

---------- Post Merged at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Hey Steve,
I have Cheryl/Toms, Piera and Olegs email. They are all waiting for the videos to be posted as well so I gotta do a good job lol.
I can't wait to get back with you and do more diving!!!

Oops, sorry then! I'm not sure what are Youtube's limits, I didn't know you had 3.6gb files hehehe.. I tend to shoot more "short clips"

I let the camera roll through out the dive cause turning it on and off would be a pain. Even if I register by giving them my number I wonder if it will still take 21,335 mins lol

the basic GoPro editor works.

Windows 7 comes free with Windows Movie Maker as part of Windows Live Essentials.

I just said screw it and spent the $100 on Sony Vegas 11.

VERY powerfull software, takes a bit of learning curve, but man can you make smooth transition and dubbed-over audio and sound effects.

GoPro files get big fast, and to render them at full 720P or 1080 MPEG4 format, or the AVCHD Sony format, takes a lot of computer processing for a finished 500meg - 1 gig 10 minute long final edited "film". The rendering alone after all editing is done takes about 30-45 minutes on my screaming fast Alienware Dell PC Gaming system, that has twin quad core (yes 8 cores total CPU's) and 12 gig of ram. I'm pushing all cores at 90-95% during final clip rendering, and can get my liquid core radiator fan speed to just up in RPM just from the CPU heat alone.

Sony Vegas if you want to do pro quality editig, GoPro or Movie Maker if you just want to drop and paste with simple effects.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom