Just got back last night from SCC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbob

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am working on my trip report, still trying to find the names of all the different sites we dove. I dont know if I am sold 100% on this drift diving. It is pretty cool in slow to moderate currents, but when that current is ripping, you really cant see a whole lot. One last thing before I get back to my research and report...has anybody else had trouble with the air from SCC? I had a headache almost all week, and it would start to go away until I did another dive, then the headache would be right back. This was even after shore dives, and before the blue margarita's. I know the filter in my first stage is pretty black, and I have to get that taken care of this week.

I apologize. I thought I was in the Cozumel forum. I know this will get moved.

I've got over 500 dives with SCC's air and no problems. Did you tell the dive shop that you were having problems? Were you swimming hard at any point? A carbon dioxide headache can really hurt.

The very first dive, I know I was over breathing. That was my first drift dive, and was not use to it. That very well could be the case. But for the rest of the dives, I was more comfortable in the current, and still got headaches. I was also diving an AL80 on that first dive and I am use to diving ST112's. I used their ST100's the rest of the week.

maybe we have found the problem now. Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom