Just got my OW Certification today...Looking to dive Dutch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyramid65

Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously don't have much experience with 5 dives at Dutch Springs this weekend.Looking for dive buddies, more Saturdays than Sundays...I'll be taking the AOW on July 12-13 to start things off, really want to get into wreck diving although I want every class they offer, my current goal is Dive Master.If you want to hook up shoot me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
pyramid, or may i call you luther. To ba honest you have no dives outside of certification dives. Keep in mind that your cert does not make you a dive god, It only allows you to start making mistakes adn learning teh real lessons in diving. If you have been on SB for a while you have surely heard mention of the phrase: "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU DONT KNOW" Please take that to heart. Spend a year or so doing easy dives and observing others while they make mistakes or demonstrate good diving. I have told many this.... My first dive was in february in the midwest. Just got a set of healthways gear adn wfent out to use it. I cut a hole inthe ice and in i went. (with line attached). Opinion then COOL ,,opinion now STUPID. Hindsight is always clearer than now sight. Find some good buddies with a long list of experiences foryou to learn from before thinking about those caves or wrecks.

Congrats on your new cert, dive safe....

Hi, just joined scubaboard.com, but a few of us will be spending the weekend there 7/18-7/20, let me know if your interested in joining us. We will be doing some deeper than 60' dives, so if you're going to make it let me know so we can work a plan out based on your skill set.

I may be going on a dive on the 19th, if that's the case I won't be at Dutch that weekend, I do appreciate the invite, I'd also hate to restrict your diving, I realize at my experience level (or lack thereof) that may be inevitable...I'll let you know via PM either way

I may be going on a dive on the 19th, if that's the case I won't be at Dutch that weekend, I do appreciate the invite, I'd also hate to restrict your diving, I realize at my experience level (or lack thereof) that may be inevitable...I'll let you know via PM either way

A good way to keep learning, meet diving friends, and find dive buddies is to join a club. If you are in the New York area consider the NYC Sea Gypsies... our members are at Dutch very frequently, and we do a lot of local wreck diving too!

Oh, it would be no hassle, we're all about meeting and diving with new people. And considering we're going to be diving Fri night, sat and sunday, we could easily make it work!

I'm gone most of August diving in Bonaire and Indonesia but plan on hitting Dutch Springs in September when not on the local boats. If you want to do a drysuit or wreck diving class with me let me know! The Sea Gypsies are also a great club to join as they bring together dive buddies and organize trips.
Urban Manta Scuba NYC | NYC Scuba Lessons

Need one more dive for my Wreck cert which is happening on Aug 9th and the LDS gives ya the Dry-suit class if ya buy a suit from them...I went to a local dive club meeting the other night...not my thing, most of my dives are with either the shop or someone from the shop

Need one more dive for my Wreck cert which is happening on Aug 9th and the LDS gives ya the Dry-suit class if ya buy a suit from them...I went to a local dive club meeting the other night...not my thing, most of my dives are with either the shop or someone from the shop

Clubs can be a great way to get exposure to things you never considered. I never joined a club because I always dove in warm water but, now that I've decided that to keep diving I have to dive in cold waster, I will be joining a club fir the educational as well as social aspects. I think you'll learn that you'll dive more and learn more through dives beyond those led by your LDS.

Clubs can be a great way to get exposure to things you never considered. I never joined a club because I always dove in warm water but, now that I've decided that to keep diving I have to dive in cold waster, I will be joining a club fir the educational as well as social aspects. I think you'll learn that you'll dive more and learn more through dives beyond those led by your LDS.

The closest club to me doesn't have an aggressive schedule, seems they dive here and there + comparing their dive schedule to my LDS the clubs dives all fall on wreck dives with the LDS and that's what I'm into, I thought a club would be different, maybe other clubs are but this particular one sticks to a schedule, they don't do a "hey lets go diving this weekend" or at least that's what they led me to believe...other than dives in conjunction with classes I dive with guy/gals from the LDS just to dive, this weekend we are going to a wreck off Jersey...I've also hooked up with a guy on another forum and did 6 dives with him this past weekend...every time my head goes below water it's an education in what I
do and what I see

Back
Top Bottom