Just got the Canon S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, lot's of people care not about video but for the price of a mediocre dSLR one could get a S90 and a FLIP video camera with housings and have enough left over for a trip to use them. Ikelite has a really cute little FLIP rig, almost enticing enough to make me bite but for my having crashed my old Pinarello bike and now it needing some expensive repairs. Yeah, I launched off the rollers and went down the stairs, it was exciting to say the least.

Per Rockwell:

"I'll let you know more when I get my hands on a production version. From the prototype I used, I'm dubbing the S90 as the best compact digital camera that Canon, or anyone, has ever made."

N

has anyone heard when the housings may ship ? I looked on Adorama/BH Photo and Amazon and none have information related to when the Canon housing will be available, and on the Ikelite site still states "under consideration"

Hi All,
I am traveling on business and had a chance to look at both the 90 and the 11 and it seemed to me the 11 has a better native macro capability. This was just playing with the cameras in Yodabashi camera but based on this I would prefer the G11. Other opinions???

This thread just helped me make up my mind, I'd been waffling between the G11 & the S90 and just ordered my S90 & Canon housing. For what I foresee my needs being this should be an ideal point and shoot - thanks! (and the kids can buy me a strobe for my birthday next year!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom