Just had lunch with...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just had lunch with Ken (ScubaTexan) today...Joe's Crab Shack in Arlington is still pretty good.

We got to talkin' about how the yearly Swamper's get-together during the winter has kinda fizzled out the last couple of years. We wondered how a summertime dive-and-dine get-together might work. Maybe something like an overnite, 2 day thing? We could pick a dive spot, then start looking at some place close for a dinner. Or, a cook-out maybe? Camping? Cabins? Whatever.

My first thoughts were CSSP, or Broken Bow Lake. But, Broken Bow is a little far from the Metroplex for most people. Frank and Alan like Lake Murray, but I've not been there yet. Since Dee hasn't been posting much lately we'd like to hear from the Southern Clan also.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike & Ken.... this sounds good to me, count me in.

I am fine with any of the locations you mentioned Mike, and I am open to either a day event or over-night....a dinner out might be cool after a day of diving....most dates at this point will probably work for me.

Hope others will want to do this.....we had a nice Swamper group 'several' weeks ago out at CSSP, relaxing, good conversation and tasty snacks/foods.

:wink:

That sounds like a great idea to me. Personally, I wouldn't mind a little road trip and dive somewhere other than Central Texas. I'm easy...just point me to the water! :D

J

My first thoughts were CSSP, or Broken Bow Lake. But, Broken Bow is a little far from the Metroplex for most people. Frank and Alan like Lake Murray, but I've not been there yet. Since Dee hasn't been posting much lately we'd like to hear from the Southern Clan also.

Anyone have any ideas?

What does anyone think of Lake Charles? I have not tried that yet. I will be more than happy to try out Murray too.

Camping and diving with lots of fooooooooooooood is Funnnnnnnnnnnn. :D

Shawn O.

What does anyone think of Lake Charles? I have not tried that yet. I will be more than happy to try out Murray too.

Camping and diving with lots of fooooooooooooood is Funnnnnnnnnnnn. :D

Shawn O.

Is that Lake Charles Louisiana?
little Bessie girl that I once knew
she told me just to come on by
if there's anything she could do

My wife was there this last November and I was working. She said I should jump in that big pond in Louisiana sometime. So I thought I would throw that idea out there.

No matter where we end up, the Texas Swamp Divers gathering will be something to remember.

For those that have not gone, you have got to join us this spring and summer.

I thought that was Up On Cripple Creek... :wink:

Before we go making any distant travel plans for this, please remember....gasoline prices are already sky-high, and this summer they will be in orbit. There are some of us (myself included) that will not be able to afford to go very far away. Just a thought... :(

I would love the opportunity to meet and dive with you guys, and gals. If my schedule is free on the date that is decided I would be happy to be there.

I'd like to make my first official swamper dive with something like this. It's hard for me to do the last minute trip, but if I know the date I can probably squeeze a kitchen pass.

I like CSSP, Athens, or if its an overnighter, I like the Blue Lagoon in Huntsville. There's a state park near by where we can set up camp. It's far enough away I don't feel required to drive home! :)

I say Broken Bow so we can look for one of these.
broken-bow-gar3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom