Just ordered my daughter a Zeagle Zena, and Envoy Deluxe package foe Christmas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubydoo12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
HI, I'm new to this site. I found it as I was researching gear before making a choice of which to purchase. My daughter goes to school in Florida and has joined the Scuba Club. She will be taking her open water dive in the keys in a couple of weeks, so I'm having the gear shipped direct to her. She has been diving while on vacation with us in the Caribbean several times and really loves it. I hope I ordered her the right size. She is 5'7 140 lbs, 36, 28, 36. I ordered the small Zena BCD. I also ordered her the Envoy Deluxe regulator and Octo, and an Oceanic Veo 100 Dive Gauge and a mesh backpack for her gear. She is getting the mask, snorkel, boots and fins with her cert class. She also has a shorty wetsuit. Is there anything else that she will really need right away?
Thanks for any suggestions!

I've been diving a Zena for over 8 years and LOVE it!! Wouldn't trade it for a BP/W if it were given to me on a silver platter. Not everyone loves the BP/W configuration.

Zeagle BCs are modular in design and components can be mixed and matched for a perfect fit. Hopefully it fits right out of the box, but if not, she can swap out pieces to make it custom fitted.

Also the Zena has a certain way it needs to be adjusted on the body so it won't ever move while diving. If you've not seen my "tutorial" please search for it, or ask and I'll repost. At the very least, please advise your daughter that the MIDDLE strap should sit AT her natural waist. If she cannot position the middle strap at her waist, she'll need a bigger shoulder section. Correct positioning of the middle strap is essential to proper fit.

I might suggest a little more wetsuit,depending on where she'll do most of her diving,and the time of year. Maybe a 3mm 2 piece, or as much as a 5mm full. Very nice gear selections otherwise.

I hope she will love it even without the backplate and wing. She initially wanted the Oceanic Hers BCD, but after I did much research I asked her to try on the Oceanic and the Zena. She was skeptical after seeing it online, but then couldn't believe how comfortable it felt on in the store even though the one she tried on was a XS. She is going on a dive trip with her school to the keys from the 19th to the 21st. I really hope it gets there in time! I ordered it from Leisure Pro on Thursday, but they are closed until the 10th...

I think her shortie wetsuit is 3mm. She goes to school in St. Pete and will be diving Florida mostly, but in the summer she will do some diving in our small lake in upstate NY (max depth 50 feet). She will probably end up buying a full wetsuit at some point in the near future.

I also ordered her 2 extra mouthpieces that are smaller and soft. She has a small mouth so hopefully she will be able to switch the originals out to reduce jaw fatigue.

I will have her read the tutorial on how to adjust her BCD so that she has a good snug fit.

I can't wait for her to get it! I've told her she can't open the box until she has us on Skype so we can she her open it since this will be her only Christmas present:)

Thanks for the feedback! I'll let you know how the maiden voyage goes for her!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom