Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Key Largo Dive Center

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The Key Largo Dive Center's dive travel club "The KLDC Dive Gang" just returned from a week onboard the Belize Aggressor IV (formerly the SunDancer). We had a great time diving up to five times per day. We encountered an incredible variety of sea life and saw some friendly reef sharks and sea turtles on almost every dive. The sponges and corals were huge and excellent.
The water was very nice and warm about 85 degrees. We can't say enough good things about Captain Eddie and Capt Alex and their crew. Elia was our favorite staff member who anticipated our every need before we even knew it, we can't say enough great things about her. The Belize Aggressor IV crews' service, food, and attention to our divers was outstanding and first rate. The cabins were spacious and comfortable. There was never any shortage of hot water, especially nice on the dive deck showers after each dive. Our visit to the Blue Hole was exciting and they looked out for our safety there as well on on every dive.
I highly recommend the Belize Aggressor IV to anyone considering diving the reefs of Belize. Liveaboard diving down here is the only way to do it right and nobody does it better than the Aggressor Fleet. We will definitely plan another KLDC Dive Gang trip back to Belize very soon and we look forward to seeing their friendly staff again.

Captain Larry Toigo
Key Largo Dive Center
www.KeyLargoDiveCenter.com
scuba@KeyLargoDiveCenter.com
(305) 451-5844

Last edited:
Glad to hear it's still a top notch operation. I went in May 2015, and loved it. We had some different crew; I remember Elia, Captain Meagan I heard got married & left, and I don't know Eddie or Alex. Were John (I think he was 1st mate), William (John's son; shot & composed the video of the trip) or Simon (Engineer) still on crew your trip?

Richard.

1st Mate John (Just John) was still there and William was divemaster. I don't think there was a Simon on the crew.
John always had a joke to start the day and William was great in the water. He seemed to always find the turtles.

I was on the Aggressor III in May and had a great time. I came home and booked a trip on their Bahamas boat for September.

IIRC, the Belize Aggressor III has a hot tub; the Belize Aggressor IV is larger (a bit wider, a good deal longer), but at least when I was on it had no hot tub. A question that may come up for a few people considering a Belize live-aboard; how much does a hot tub matter?

On my trip on the Cayman Aggressor IV in May 2016, which had a hot tub on the sun deck, I watched to see whether people would use it. We even had at least a couple of non-divers in a group of Italians onboard. For our week, one diver spent a considerable amount of time in the hot tub. Later in the week I saw maybe one other person in it a bit.

Only you can decide for yourself how much hot tub matters. From my anecdotal observations on a 7 day trip elsewhere in the Caribbean, for most people, didn't seem like much. On the other hand, the Cayman Aggressor IV looks to be about the same size as the Belize Aggressor III, and the former didn't feel small or cramped to me.

Richard.

The hot tub was out of service during the week I was on the boat. I was a little curious as to how much use it would get too.

IIRC, the Belize Aggressor III has a hot tub; the Belize Aggressor IV is larger (a bit wider, a good deal longer), but at least when I was on it had no hot tub. A question that may come up for a few people considering a Belize live-aboard; how much does a hot tub matter?

On my trip on the Cayman Aggressor IV in May 2016, which had a hot tub on the sun deck, I watched to see whether people would use it. We even had at least a couple of non-divers in a group of Italians onboard. For our week, one diver spent a considerable amount of time in the hot tub. Later in the week I saw maybe one other person in it a bit.

Only you can decide for yourself how much hot tub matters. From my anecdotal observations on a 7 day trip elsewhere in the Caribbean, for most people, didn't seem like much. On the other hand, the Cayman Aggressor IV looks to be about the same size as the Belize Aggressor III, and the former didn't feel small or cramped to me.

Richard.
I don't miss the hot tub. I spent a week on the Cayman Aggressor and I never saw anybody use it. Didn't miss it at all on the Belize Aggressor IV. Besides, the water is so warm it's like diving in a hot tub anyway isn't it?

I've never been a fan of the hot tub on liveaboards but when we were on the Cayman Aggressor it was used by some of the guests just about every night. The last night, when we were back in the marina, the guests had a party on the upper deck and a lot of us used the hot tub, including me; alcohol consumption was a factor.

Personally, have no use for a hot tub on a liveaboard and have never seen anyone use on either on the lob's that I've been on that were so supplied.

Back
Top Bottom