Just returned from Freeport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txscubagirl

Registered
Reaction score
My family and I just returned from Grand Bahama Island! We had a fabulous time. We dove with Sunn Odyssey divers. It was a very proffesional operation, and they really made our entire trip wonderful.

On the first day, the owner Nick and his son Patrick, took just my family out on an orientation dive. We dove the Fish farm and then another shallow reef. We saw lots of pretty fish, and pretty coral. These were great dives for a new diver.

Day 2, Nick and Patrick, again took myself, my dad, and my brother out to Eden's Bank and then to Qwesta's wreck. These dives were a bit deeper (max 58 ft), with lots of interesting marine life. We saw an eagle ray from a distance, lots of big schools a fish, a large spiny lobster, and many other fish.

Day 3, we headed out with to San Jose and then on to Shark Junction. San Jose was about 70 ft. This was 2 large coral heads with a wreck on top. We swam under the wreck and saw lots of fish. We saw a sea turtle, another ray, and a few barracudas. Shark Junction is called this for a reason. WE dropped down to about 45 ft. and the first thing we saw were 2, 7ft. reef sharks. VEry interesting creatures, but gave me quite a rush.

Also, once we were back on shore, we rode a banana, and we went parasailing.

Overall, this trip was incredible. If anyone wants info. on how to contact SUnn odyssey, let me know. I highly recommend them to anyone going to GBI.

sorry for the long post. just so much cool stuff!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom