Just started the OW course.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
always blame your equipment. it can't defend itself:

"While sitting expertly bouyant on the bottom, my BCD
malfunctioned and sent me shooting to the surface of
the pool."

Or Blame it on your buddy, "While sitting expertly bouyant on the bottom, my dive buddy moronically hit my inflate button and I shot to the surface of the pool." :wink:

Scuba Duke:
Or Blame it on your buddy, "While sitting expertly bouyant on the bottom, my dive buddy moronically hit my inflate button and I shot to the surface of the pool." :wink:

Not exactly the same thing but once during my Rescue class we were practicing air sharing and my assigned buddy reached over and pressed the purge button the moment I put the reg in my mouth. Needless to say I had yet to clear the water in the reg and I was coughing up a lung of water.

--Matt

my advice, don't stop at OW...go further :) see you underwater mate

All,

You know one thing occured to me the other on my second go around at the pool.

Many moons ago, I used to be a lifeguard, and swimming around the bottom of the pool it finally hit home. There is a LOT of crud floating around the bottom of a pool. I actually looked at the bottom for the first, and noted two band aides, a broken hair fastener, and a comb.

Now I understand why that particular pool is HEAVILY chlorinated.

Safe Dives,
Will Johnson

hmmm… speaking of the crud in pools… I recall one pool session in my OW class watching a class mate perform a skill when suddenly the DM and I noticed this big, gross, slimy, hair ball heading straight towards her ...do do.. do do... We pointed frantically to warn her of the impending danger and luckily she managed to jump back out of it's way before it affixed itself on her face. ewwww!... haha. This was my first experience laughing into a reg. That same hairball later tried to get me and I was also warned just in time. I think it was worse than having a box jelly in the pool… hahaha. Unfortunatley, it put me off swimming in said pool. hehe

DiverDebbie:
hmmm… speaking of the crud in pools… I recall one pool session in my OW class watching a class mate perform a skill when suddenly the DM and I noticed this big, gross, slimy, hair ball heading straight towards her ...do do.. do do... We pointed frantically to warn her of the impending danger and luckily she managed to jump back out of it's way before it affixed itself on her face. ewwww!... haha. This was my first experience laughing into a reg. That same hairball later tried to get me and I was also warned just in time. I think it was worse than having a box jelly in the pool… hahaha. Unfortunatley, it put me off swimming in said pool. hehe

That reminds me of an experience I had in a pool back in High School. I was at a public pool with a friend of mine. We were swimming in the deep end when the life guard made everyone get out of the pool. We were wondering why untill we saw what he was fishing out of the pool. Eveidently, someone couldn't hold it. Ended my going to that pool for good!

How about me on day one, "How long it took to sit on the bottom ledge of the pool and get my legs down" that was interesting :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom