Just wanted to introduce myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobnelson0

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading it for a couple months now.

I'm 26, I have about 120 dives under my belt and I'm currently certified as a Rescue Diver with PADI and I intend to one day make my way to instructor level. If only that stupid thing called "the real world" didn't get in the way :)

Unfortunately, Its been about a year since I've been in the water. I'm getting antsy.
I just moved to Seattle, any "musts" for Seattle diving?
I'm also looking for a new (to me) tropical place to dive. I've hit Bonaire, Cayman, Cozumel, Italy, Mexico. Anyone have an recommendations?

[ If only that stupid thing called "the real world" didn't get in the way :)

Unfortunately, Its been about a year since I've been in the water. I'm getting antsy.
I just moved to Seattle, any "musts" for Seattle diving?
I'm also looking for a new (to me) tropical place to dive. I've hit Bonaire, Cayman, Cozumel, Italy, Mexico. Anyone have an recommendations?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the real world certainly gets in the way! Being in Seattle leaves you awefully close to what I hear is fantastic diving off of Vancouver Island. I live in Connecticut - the closest good diving is in Rhode Island (= usually crappy viz but still some cool stuff too see with a two+ hour boat ride that requires a 3:30 am wake up call) . It is not much farther away from us than you are close to some great stuff. I would love to dive up there (just ordered my first drysuit - ready to go!). Looking forward to hearing about what great dives you find up there. :) As for the tropics - so many places to go but I still love Cozumel....and the cenotes on the mainland are just awesome.

Wetherill is awesome!

What do you mean crappy viz off RI. Why at Fort Wetherill(sp?), RI in Sept I could almost see my hand, for a bit there!

Actually 7-8' viz on the second dive!

Kudos if you could actually see your hand (or any part thereof - maybe a finger?). And it is the best shore diving we got around here....:depressed:... but it is still better than nothing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom