K.L. trip report (with appropriate asides)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

F106A

Contributor
Reaction score
NJ, GSP Exit 36 (24,000' from the Atlantic)
# of dives
500 - 999
Spent Saturday through yesterday diving. Four trips with Conch Republic, two with Scuba Do. Brenda and her people run a fantastic op. Can't say enough good things about her (and them too). Although she did make one mistake; said I hadn't been diving with them since last August, according to her 'puter. Actually I had this past fall a few times but did not reserve on line. Oh, the humanity!
Anyway... did reefs with CRD Saturday AM, something reef and Snapper Ledge. A little sloppy but nice. Snapper is always a hoot. Both sites great. Buddied up with Raging Red, a former gyrene (yeah, I know!). Wanted to catch their PM go for the Eagle but the boat was a little late getting back from the SG and I had to feed my goldfish.
So... I went out with Scuba Do to the Spiegel and Benwood. Viz so-so at each but the water was warm and no one was eaten by sharks. My buddies had an issue about 90 seconds into the dive so I had the SG all to myself. Mostly. Current was there but not a major issue. All the usual suspects put in an appearance. Ben was a bit murky but fun. Gotta love Ben.
Sunday morning found me at Brenda's door again. Two reefs (whose names escape me for the present; I'll make up names for the log, just like the operators do). But they were both good. Great viz and not too much current or surge. Sunday, afternoon, to the Eagle. Viz fair, lots to see except no BIG Jewfish, just medium size. Oh well. But a great dive nonetheless. Back up top a vote was taken; let's do the Eagle again. Unanimous. Second verse, same as the first. All campers returned happy.
Monday. Where to go? Who to go with? Idea: Brenda. Two reefs. One was named something and the other, something else. Good viz. Lots of things to see. More etc.
Afternoon: CRD wasn't going out. (Damn!) Rainbow Reef canceled. So, Scuba Do it is. Hit Mo (good viz, some current, beaucoup surge) and French (not-so-good viz but a little deeper and not much current or surge).
Water temps were 86-87 at all times. Went sans wetsuit the last six dives. That was FANTASTIC!
BTW, if it isn't obvious, I recommend Conch Republic Divers, without reservation.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom