Kadavu, Fiji: Need Resort Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul,

I very much understand the time restrictions. I'd still recommend looking into Garden Island on Taveuni only because the diving is 2nd to none (we arrived in Nadi at 5:30am and were on Taveuni by 8am so the extra travel wasn't an issue)

Bega Lagoon: Just 2 days ago I did a local boat trip-the captain had just returned from a week in Bega. I will find out the name of the resort. He loved the dives and said food was excellent.

Pacific Harbor: Diving is good. AquaTrek runs a great dive operation. Brandon (Manager) keeps top notch staff and knows good sites. Soft & hard coral, some wrecks, and great shark dives. Lunch on a tiny island between Bega & Pac Harb. Coral in good shape. Not over crowded at all. Aqua-Trek

Aquatrek is on the grounds of a hotel called The Pearl. Very sheik. Clean rooms, a little too fancy for me, and food was very over priced.

10 min walk down the road is Art's Village. Different cafe's for meals, gift shops, etc. They have a hotel & hostel, but I've heard mixed reviews (crowded, younger crowd, bugs in room, etc). I spent a lot of time there when I stayed @ the Pearl

10 min walk past Art's is a newer resort called Uprising Beach Resort. I haven't been there but it was recommended by several travel agents I know and has great reviews. Bure's on beach, Aquatrek will pick you up/drop you off after diving, and still 10 min walk to Arts for shopping and other cafe's if you want. this is where we're staying next time

Hope that helps. If there's more specific info I can give about my stay please ask! :)

-Michael

Paul,

I very much understand the time restrictions. I'd still recommend looking into Garden Island on Taveuni only because the diving is 2nd to none (we arrived in Nadi at 5:30am and were on Taveuni by 8am so the extra travel wasn't an issue)

Bega Lagoon: Just 2 days ago I did a local boat trip-the captain had just returned from a week in Bega. I will find out the name of the resort. He loved the dives and said food was excellent.

Pacific Harbor: Diving is good. AquaTrek runs a great dive operation. Brandon (Manager) keeps top notch staff and knows good sites. Soft & hard coral, some wrecks, and great shark dives. Lunch on a tiny island between Bega & Pac Harb. Coral in good shape. Not over crowded at all. Aqua-Trek

Aquatrek is on the grounds of a hotel called The Pearl. Very sheik. Clean rooms, a little too fancy for me, and food was very over priced.

10 min walk down the road is Art's Village. Different cafe's for meals, gift shops, etc. They have a hotel & hostel, but I've heard mixed reviews (crowded, younger crowd, bugs in room, etc). I spent a lot of time there when I stayed @ the Pearl

10 min walk past Art's is a newer resort called Uprising Beach Resort. I haven't been there but it was recommended by several travel agents I know and has great reviews. Bure's on beach, Aquatrek will pick you up/drop you off after diving, and still 10 min walk to Arts for shopping and other cafe's if you want. this is where we're staying next time

Hope that helps. If there's more specific info I can give about my stay please ask! :)

-Michael

Hmmmm...not sure why that posted twice??? :)

Paul-I spoke w/the local boat captain I mentioned. Below is the info he gave me regarding Bega. Hope it helps.

-Michael

Beqa Lagoon Resort (US Reservations)
2900 Mead Ave. Ste. 5
Las Vegas, NV 89102
RESERVATIONS: 1-800-542-FIJI (3454)
LOCAL: 702-247-4536
FAX: 702-247-4624
EMAIL: reservations@beqalagoonresort.com

It’s a great resort that represents a tremendous value. The bures (beach huts) are very clean and well appointed, with incredible views. The staff is very accommodating and does everything possible to ensure the guests are treated as well as possible.

Hmmmm...not sure why that posted twice??? :)

Paul-I spoke w/the local boat captain I mentioned. Below is the info he gave me regarding Bega. Hope it helps.

-Michael

Beqa Lagoon Resort (US Reservations)
2900 Mead Ave. Ste. 5
Las Vegas, NV 89102
RESERVATIONS: 1-800-542-FIJI (3454)
LOCAL: 702-247-4536
FAX: 702-247-4624
EMAIL: reservations@beqalagoonresort.com

It’s a great resort that represents a tremendous value. The bures (beach huts) are very clean and well appointed, with incredible views. The staff is very accommodating and does everything possible to ensure the guests are treated as well as possible.

Thanks Michael for you help and information. Much appreciated!
We'll be making a decision over the weekend.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul: Best of luck. Let me know what you decide, and how the trip is when you go :)

John: I dove Nitrox the whole week I was at Garden Island/Aquatrek on Taveuni. They fill the tanks on site, so it's not a problem.

I wasn't diving as much (or as deep) when I dove the aquatrek outfit in Pacific Harbor, so I never bothered to ask if it was available. You can check them out at www.aquatrek.com

We are going to spend a week at Dive Kadavu and a second week at MaiDive.
Dive Kadavu is on the leeward side of Kadavu and the weather is more predictable, with out lost days. MaiDive is on the Astrolabe reef 40 minutes away and may have more advanced but less predictable diving. We haven't been to Kadavu in 13 years so are planing our dives on word of mouth.
We'll report back after the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom