Kansas City is all aboard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bslaughter:
Am new to Scuba board and am looking forward to corresponding with everyone. Thanks.

Welcome bslaughter. You are really close to some great diving just south in NW Arkansas.

James

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy SCUBA Board, I'm sure you will have an opportunity to learn and share. I have found people to be very helpful. If I can help you feel free to contact me.

All the best,

Paul

Welcome to the board. We will find a lot of people here to "correspond" with here.

Loiret:
Hello bslaughter and welcome aboard. Always good to see another Kansas City area diver on the board.

Please take the time to fill out your profile and tell us a little more about yourself....what cerifications do you have, what are your interests, that sort of stuff. It helps the rest of us to add some context to our greetings and posts. Anyway, I hope you enjoy spending some of your between-dives time with us.

Go Chiefs!!!!

Go Chiefs! Now that is a way to welcome someone. Hey thanks for the reply. I just returned from diving in Cozumel; it was great as usual. To answer your question, I am currently attending my DiveCon classes to receive my divemaster certification. Hopeful to get OWI cert. later this year/early next year. Then, move to Caribbean to work as being landlocked in KC is driving me nuts. Usuallly do my open water dives @ Beaver Lake in Arkansas. I also have Stress/Rescue and AOW as well. How about you? Take care. Talk to you soon.

Hey bslaughter. welcome back to SB, thought maybe we lost you. But since you were diving in Cozumel, I guess we can forgive you.
David

bslaughter:
Go Chiefs! Now that is a way to welcome someone. Hey thanks for the reply. I just returned from diving in Cozumel; it was great as usual. To answer your question, I am currently attending my DiveCon classes to receive my divemaster certification. Hopeful to get OWI cert. later this year/early next year. Then, move to Caribbean to work as being landlocked in KC is driving me nuts. Usuallly do my open water dives @ Beaver Lake in Arkansas. I also have Stress/Rescue and AOW as well. How about you? Take care. Talk to you soon.

Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a chance to visit Coz and that you enjoyed the diving. Warm, clear water is always so much fun to dive in, no matter where it's at.

Like many K.C. divers I did my OW cert dives at Beaver Lake, but have not been back since. I'll have to look into another trip there later this summer.

Good luck with you DiveCon class.

bslaughter:
Am new to Scuba board and am looking forward to corresponding with everyone. Thanks.

I'm new to KCK - there has to be somewhere to dive here - even a muddy hole will do. Any suggestions?

Brummy

brummy:
I'm new to KCK - there has to be somewhere to dive here - even a muddy hole will do. Any suggestions?

Brummy

Hello Brummy and welcome to Kansas City and to Scuba Board. Judging from your profile it looks like you have lived and dived in some rather interesting places around the world.

Most of the dive shops in this area have regular weekend trips to either Table Rock Lake in southern Missouri or Beaver Lake in northwest Arkansas from May through September.

I have not been to Table Rock myself, but I did my OW certification dives at Beaver Lake. The diving is decent by Midwest standards - 20 foot vis on average, but this can vary depending upon the time of year and recent rainfall activity. Like all inland lakes, there are thermoclines as you descend. Actual water temps vary significantly depending upon weather conditions and time of year. Any LDS in this area can give you an idea of the current conditions because they have divers in these lakes almost every weekend this time of year.

The only mjor problem with Table Rock or Beaver in my opinion is distance. You are looking at 4 or 5 hours driving time one way for either of these lakes.

Cheers,
Loiret

Loiret:
The only mjor problem with Table Rock or Beaver in my opinion is distance. You are looking at 4 or 5 hours driving time one way for either of these lakes.

Cheers,
Loiret
The drive time is one reason some of the shops in KC that do live aboard houseboat trips to Table Rock are so nice. You can get on the houseboat Thursday or Friday night when you get to the lake, bunk down, and wake up to breakfast on the boat over the dive site. They also help set up car pooling so you don’t have to be the only driver for your trips too.

I cheated for the past 10 years I kept my cruiser on Table Rock. I kept a car at the lake and it was only an hour flight from Johnson County Airport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom