Karl Stanley's yellow submarine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Homemade or not?

+1 on that.

I had read that homemade reference earlier, and I thought- about the only non-home made subs come out of Groton Ct. :shocked2:

Your new sig line, RTBDiver.... What's that nice little doggy's problem... you weren't back in your coffin by Sunrise?

Your new sig line, RTBDiver.... What's that nice little doggy's problem... you weren't back in your coffin by Sunrise?

Nothin like that, She is just the newest member of the Blue House Security team and figured she deserved a bit of internet glory, Isn't she the cutest thing you ever saw? And only 4 months old. She was just playing with her friend.
DSC_6251b.jpg

I have flown several airlines around the world in some of the poorest countries of the world - I think I probably took a bigger risk with them than I would if I took a flight with the CCV plane. My favorite (i.e. scariest) moments were with Lao Air who were flying ancient chinese planes.

I HAVE taken the trip with Karl Stanley aboard his sub Idabel in Roatan. I found Karl to be an usually intelligent and inspired man. Karl's sub has a proven track record and in addition; if you follow Karl, you'll also see that he is adament about doing scheduled maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
Yes, definitely a small space situation. A great adventure. Go meet Karl, even if you don't take the trip.

Ole Karl---lol......I brought down some tools to Roatan he had left back in the states that his daddy mailed me(in the states) in Dec of 1998.....Our son was lead DM/instructor @ Inn of Last Resort where Karl had his 1st sub....Remember he later moved it to Half Moon Bay several months later.......He asked me if I wanted to go down on a (free) ride but I looked that sub over real close & decided Nah...:)...If I remember correctly, he went down to about 700 feet on that 1st one....That one was 'something else'..

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom