Kauai local spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coconutgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to Kauai July 22-31st. I have some dives scheduled with Fathom Five. I was going to also take a zodiac trip to the Na Pali cost (6 hour trip) with Capt. Zodiac. Do you have any recommendations for me? Places to dive that are not to be missed and local spots topside for food, entertainment, etc? I haven't been to Kauai for 20 years. I was a kid then. We are planning to do Koloa Landing on our own, Tunnels adn Sheraton Caverns with a guide. I have done about 30 dives, so I thought that NiiHau was out of my league?
Thanks for your help!
Coconutgirl :dazzler1:

You can handle Ni'ihau, I did it with only 15 or so dives under my belt. It's not to be missed.
For food check out Oki Diner in Lihue.

You made a great choice with Fathom Five. They are the best Dive Op that I have ever been out with. I really miss Kauai. My best piece of advice is to go buy the "The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook". They give great advice on everything from where to eat down to where to park when you go hiking. Do the Kipu Ranch Adventures ATV trip, its a blast. I could write forever on things to do. Just go buy the book. Oh, and make sure you eat at Dukes on the top floor for dinner.
Also, I will second Oki Diner but only for breakfast, they have great pancakes.

Post a report when you return!

scubafish05:
For food check out Oki Diner in Lihue.

Breakfast is indeed great - but I'm off diving then! For me, I got my hit of Loco Moco - and best of all - they are open late. Most places on this island are closed by 8 or 9PM.

scuba jeff:
Oh, and make sure you eat at Dukes on the top floor for dinner.

I thing the DM I was returning with reccomended this place as we drove by on our return.

My further thoughts - the Mixed Plate Resteraunt in Hanalei - Kauai Pasta - and the Ono Charburger between Kapaa and Kilauea [I think it's in Anahola] Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom