Kauai & Maui Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaoly

Reaction score
I am a newer diver and will be taking a trip in July to Kauai & Maui for about 2 1/2 weeks. I was looking at diving with Bubbles Below in Kauai and Ed Robinson in Maui. Does anybody have any suggestions on the two operations or other recommendations. I am looking at diving about four to five days on each island.

Thanks for the help

Haven't dived with either, but I liked Mike Severns in Maui. Have gone with them twice to Molokini and they have a nice boat and give detailed briefings and point out lots of critters. Very knowledgeable about the marine life.

I hear good things about Robinson.

ERDA is good, and if you need some shore dive supplies (e.g. weights & tanks), Maui Dreams Dive Co. (in Kihei) is the place.

scubaoly:
I am a newer diver and will be taking a trip in July to Kauai & Maui for about 2 1/2 weeks. I was looking at diving with Bubbles Below in Kauai and Ed Robinson in Maui. Does anybody have any suggestions on the two operations or other recommendations. I am looking at diving about four to five days on each island.

Thanks for the help

I would use Fathom Five in Kauai. From diving in Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Kauai, Fathom Five has been by far the best dive operator i have ever used. They are customer service oriented and they will help you out in anyway you need. I also hear Bubbles Below is good, but I hear they are more customed to divers who have been diving for a while. I called them to book my dives and I didn't like them on the phone. Changed my reservation to Fathom Five and I am so glad that I did. They were great. Best DMs that I have had anywhere. (They used to be a bad company until the last few years when they were bought by Ocean Quest).

My wife and I were very new divers when we went to Maui 2 years ago. We chose Ed Robinson and had a great experience. We had explained to them when we made the reservation that we only had 10 dives or so under our belt. They actually that day had two dive masters on the boat, one for my wife and I and another couple with limited experience and another for the more experienced divers.

They were first class all the way!!

Brad

ed robinsons is great, you won't regret diving with them for a minute, i'd book with them again in a minute

Ed Robinson's is a great operation... though a bit pricey.... They are a solid provider and do a good job. B&B is a bit less costly (I believe) and also does a good job.

You mentioned that you are new divers -- you might enjoy doing some shore dives and working on skill development... I'd really encourage Maui Dreams Dive Company for that... Their staff is great... they will go out with a single diver... and the nice thing about doing a shore dive, is that you set the schedule... there is no concern about meeting the boat. Additionally, since shore dives are generally somewhat shallower, you'll often get longer bottom time.

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom