Kayak diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkerr

Reaction score
I am really interested in trying this out. There is a ton of diving in my area but some are too far to swim to or parking is terrible. I think this is a great way to get around both and have some fun during the surface interval.
Anyone here that has any experience with kayak diving? Thanks!

dkerr

So far I've only used the kayak for freediving. It's fun and opens up a wide range of sites.

Be sure to tether every piece of gear and be aware that setting up before the dive and packing up afterwards will take at least twice as long as a dive without the kayak.

Ralph

check out Kayakdiving.com ,good book with alot of info. Book is the basis for PADI's kayak diving course.Also there is a group from Kalipso Dive shop in Smithfield RI that dives from kayaks weekly ,they'd be happy for you to join them some week-end

I actually came across that web page a while back and that is what got me really interested in the idea. I haven't bought the book yet but will be soon. Thanks for the info
dkerr

stay wet...stay safe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom