Kayak Wheels on Craigslist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This posting has been deleted by its author.
Too bad, that was a STEAL! The wheels alone are worth more.

Gone! And not by me...

I look at the site and it appears the cart I need is $199.00 Smack-0-Roos!! That is down right robbery. The manufacturing cost is got to be like $50.00 maybe. Somewhere someone is got to be doing it cheaper- - - That is TWO boat dives in Jupiter with tip and lunch!! --

I am going to have to Gilligan something up..

Lemme know what you come up with Eric, two might be almost as easy to build as one! (hint hint) :wink:

Jenny, you still would have to purchase the Roleez tires (not cheap) and to be honest with you, I've never actually needed my cart and I've owned the kayak for two seasons. Not saying I haven't used it...but I haven't actually needed it.

DebbyDiver-- low pressure sand tires the width of the Roleez seem to be hard to locate. Well cheaply anyhow. I found many ATV tires which look even superior to the Roleez but they are very expensive. I found a cart where someone took a center line boat bouy and used it as a large wheel. THis is a boat bouy with a center hole for running rope through. Looks like it might work but the diameter might be too small giving it a small foot print.

I found out I am getting a small check I did not expect this month. I am going to pony up for the Roleez. I got a bonus check from B. Brother for clubbing that kid in the library trying to read the Constitution. Anything on such documents you need to know you will be taught in Govn't approved schools now, move along.. work hard and pay your taxes.

Debby BTW do you load all your heavy gear into the yak then carry it to the waterline in one trip? What do the wise and learnered Yuba people think about the stresses put on the yak?

Thinking about levers, folcrums, and balancing points.... hmmm

since the wieght we are balancing is mostly toward the back and the folcrum (wheels) are moved close to that point I believe the stress on the lever (yak) is less. With the entire yak being 60# and a scuba rig is between 60 to 80# I think I got the basic physics right...

I'll have to run it by one of the smart people on SB like Deepstops or Cooltech.

First, I park (even if just temporarily) right where I'm launching so that I don't have to take it too far. It's easy to drag when empty on the sand. There is always someone around to take the other end if I need a hand. I'll load my light stuff like mask, fins and flag and paddle in it, but I'll carry the tank to the water's edge. Taller/stronger people might load the whole thing in one go, but I hurt my back REALLY bad doing that once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom