Keeping my knife!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasurf1990

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hey there, im pretty new to diving and just got this beautiful scuba max knife. I went diving with it for the first time and i lose it out of my sheath! I got a new one recently cause its a great knife but i was wondering if anyone knew about extra measures to keep your knife on. I have seen some people using those snorkel keepers and attaching them to their knives, but i dont kno if it will work. The blade is about 3 to 4 inches long and the handle is the same length as the blade. Thanks!:dork2:

I couldn't tell ya without looking at the knife. Maybe try a couple rubber bands?
Personally I just carry one of them cheapo dollarninetyeight stainless/plastic folders in my bc pocket, just in case I run across some fishing line.
But then looking where you dive, you might want something big enough to pry up abalone with.
Another idea is if you can find some heat shrink tubing that will fit around the base of the blade to make it fit tighter in the sheath.

you can try tying a lanyard around the handle and the other end to the sheath or bc. so if you drop it, or it slides out, it's not going very far.

only negative i see to this is that you now have a lanyard potentially dangling below you. or you might accidentally cut the lanyard...

Try an O ring big enough to slip over the top of the handle, secured to the sheath with a tie wrap

A good sheath is as important as a good knife. I've seen several decent knives over the years with crappy sheathes that won't hold the knife in. When shopping for a knife always pay attention to the sheath and its locking mechanism.

It is part of the learning process I think. Maybe it is a way to pay the Gods for allowing you to dive. Beginers just lose stuff. Something happens as you gain experience and one day you just stop losing things, hard to explain but it happens.

However, i'd like for you to go to the area where you lost you first knife and throw the sheath in there. You have no idea how frustrating it is to find knife after knife and never find a sheath.

However, i'd like for you to go to the area where you lost you first knife and throw the sheath in there. You have no idea how frustrating it is to find knife after knife and never find a sheath.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

And if you could attach a Rolex to it (just to weigh it down), that would be cool. (Please PM me with location)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom