Kelp restoration blog, pics, videos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mocrumbo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello fellow So Cal divers,

I wanted to share with you the website I put together on MySpace! LOTS of pics, short video clips, and a blog on the kelp restoration project with the Baykeeper. Check it out!

MySpace.com - heather - 37 - Female - California - www.myspace.com/mocrumbo

I'm a volunteer diver, and I am in love with the project. Check out my page, and if you like what you see, come dive with us!

heather

Hi Heather,
Nice pictures but I didn't see any of Brian what's up with that.

John

Welcome to SB, Heather. I studied under one of the pioneers in kelp restoration, Dr. Mike Neushul, at UCSB.

There are actually lots of pics of Brian AND a video of him talking about the project.

We are actually working in the Santa Monica Bay, mostly Palos Verdes and Malibu. I only went to SB once, and it was to try paragliding! Amazing experience. I just love the feeling of no gravity.

I just love the feeling of no gravity.

Heather, you can't be serious. Tee hee.

After you open the MySpace home page, you have to click on "pics" and there is a Baykeeper photo album. You can also click on "videos" for some underwater quickies in the Santa Monica Bay. And there's a video of Brian talking about the kelp project. Enjoy!

Thank you Heather, you are a rockstar! We'll have to improve that video though : )

divers.gif

I will bring my camera Friday... let's keep our fingers crossed that the swell dies down. We got WORK to do! (But I think your video is fine!) See you soon. ~heather

kelp won't grow here... gotta scoop up the urchins.
P1010060.jpg

using the lift bag to bring thousands of urchins to the surface.
SMBK25July200731.jpg

getting ready to count them
SMBK16June200728.jpg

The kelp in Malibu has been restored... and we are making serious progress at Long Point. This is a kelp shot at Catalina (Starlight Cove). Would love to see this in the Santa Monica Bay! When the kelp is restored, it brings back 800 species of animals.
1029.053.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom