Kelvin Grove photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What IS that first shrimp? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it!

Diving Whytecliff earlier this month, I was amazed at the crinoids. I love them, and we just don't have them down here.

Great photographs; thanks for sharing them.

Excellent images, Lee. Thanks for sharing them. What camera are you using? Did you do any editing ie. color balancing, cleaning out noise and haze?

Hi Lynne, sschlesi ID'd the shrimp - it is a deep blade shrimp. They are very cool - they walk like little mechanical robots!

Slamfire, I shoot with a Canon 30D in an Ikelite housing. As for processing, I usually only have to tweak the levels a bit (to get richer blacks, usually), trim the highlights to lower the dynamic range a bit to better balance the exposure (if it needs it) and make small adjustments to the contrast for clarity (to reduce the "haze"). Lastly, I sharpen. That's usually all I do. Sometimes I colour balance (to remove a colour cast or adjust white-balance), but not very often.

Thanks for the kind words on the photos, folks! I do appreciate the feedback.

Lee

Well, the quality of the images reflect the dedication you put into shooting and processing. I usually limit my processing to "Autolevels" or at the most removing flat lines from the levels graph. Have you thought about putting these for sale in a place like Shutterstock?

Thanks Slamfire for the very generous comments. The site you mentioned looks quite good - lots of obviously talented photographers! My plan is to eventually build a website, and maybe submit to some stock agencies... maybe. I am my own worst critic, so the process is a slow one!

Thanks again.

Lee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom