Kevin Kraemer Memorial Dive July 12 w LDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Short notice:

Open invite to all of KK's friends in the Virginia Beach area. I had a memorial made and we are placing it on the wreck of the Santore this coming friday July 12.

Lynnhaven Dive Center and the Miss Lindsey are heading there friday morning and we will lower it onto the wreck and chain it to it.

20130601_153133.jpg

Randy try to give a little more heads up for the next dive, I would like to go but would need a couple of days, maybe close to a week if it falls on a weekday to get it lined up.

Sounds good Bobby. I will talk to Capt Becky and reschedule it soon. I have had a few calls today about it. I will post up in this thread to let everyone know the skinny.

Friday July 26th LDC is running to the Santore again. I am shooting for that date to put the memorial on the wreck. Any and all divers/friends of Kevin are welcome. Check with LDC to sign up for the dive.

Cancelled again.

LDC needs to get a different boat if they can't handle 3-4' seas.

This year LDC has been especially safety conscience (as they always have been, though a bit more gunshy this year than most).

I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the Miss Lyndsey can handle 3-4' seas. It has more to do with can the divers on the boat handle the seas?

Everybody at LDC is still dealing with the tragedy of losing Kevin. I think that plays a decent roll in the minds of the Owners, Captain, and Crew as to what conditions they are willing to try this year.

I would hope for a little more understanding as to why LDC isn't going out in very rough seas this year. It's definitely not a matter of getting a different boat.

Have a little patience brother. Things will settle back to normal with time.

Ok were on again for this Saturday Aug 3rd with LDC. Third time will be a charm and I have a new bag of Fig Newtons waiting.

I hear ya DA, I understand why and all. Under 3' they go, over they don't.

BTW what's your name? Local and on the dive team???

Last edited:
My name is Adam.

I will be on the boat Saturday and Sunday this weekend (now that the weather is starting to cooperate more-so than May and June I'm happy to go anytime we can get out). I'll say Hi. I am local. Haven't made much time for Hammerhead meetings this year, but other than that I usually dive with a small group pretty consistently. This weekend they've all got previous plans though so it'll just be me out there.

Back
Top Bottom