Key Largo - Any recent experience with...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The exact opposite happened. I paid to do the Spegial and the other divers on board were whining that it was too choppy and too cold. We ended up doing a shallow reef instead. What made me angry was the other divers knew, before the boat left where we were diving. The captain, knew, before we left that I drove all the way down to Florida, (from WA state) in part, to dive the Spegial. If conditions were not good, he should have told me before we left and I wouldn't have wasted my time. If the other divers weren't "qualified" to dive the Spegial, then he shouldn't have taken them.

Having a divemaster on board is for safety reasons only. I don't need a divemaster but it is nice, when you are diving somewhere unfamiliar, to have someone on board who knows the site well.

AND...if I am going to pay for a boat dive, I expect service. Of course I can take off my own fins and take care of my gear. BUT when I am on vacation, I expect to be "pampered" a bit. You can consider me lazy if you want but ya know, part of the "tip" is how I am taken care of while on a boat.

I travel a lot and I know what to expect when I am on a dive boat in the way of service. I was on many dive boats throughout Florida this winter and by far, this company was the worse.

You can think of me as a "troll" or someone who needs a "babysitter" but in reality, I am just a extremely safe diver who likes customer service. I don't think that is a lot to ask.

Amy

PinkPADIgal once bubbled...
The exact opposite happened. I paid to do the Spegial and the other divers on board were whining that it was too choppy and too cold. We ended up doing a shallow reef instead. What made me angry was the other divers knew, before the boat left where we were diving. The captain, knew, before we left that I drove all the way down to Florida, (from WA state) in part, to dive the Spegial. If conditions were not good, he should have told me before we left and I wouldn't have wasted my time. If the other divers weren't "qualified" to dive the Spegial, then he shouldn't have taken them.

Having a divemaster on board is for safety reasons only. I don't need a divemaster but it is nice, when you are diving somewhere unfamiliar, to have someone on board who knows the site well.

AND...if I am going to pay for a boat dive, I expect service. Of course I can take off my own fins and take care of my gear. BUT when I am on vacation, I expect to be "pampered" a bit. You can consider me lazy if you want but ya know, part of the "tip" is how I am taken care of while on a boat.

I travel a lot and I know what to expect when I am on a dive boat in the way of service. I was on many dive boats throughout Florida this winter and by far, this company was the worse.

You can think of me as a "troll" or someone who needs a "babysitter" but in reality, I am just a extremely safe diver who likes customer service. I don't think that is a lot to ask.

Amy

Amy-
TROLL comment rescinded! It just looked a bit weird as most folks I think, don't expect the boat crew to take off their fins, take them while ascending the ladder yes, but do you actually expect them to jump in the water and remove them for you?? Jeff

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom