Key Largo - any recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig's is worth a try for any meal of the day.

Since you're coming from Scotland, I have to throw Dairy Queen (DQ) into the mix. It's not high end dining by any stretch, but fast food and ice cream under one roof.

My husband and I will be down there at the same time! Perhaps we'll see you in the water :) Thanks for all the tips on the thread, everyone.

Fish House - excellent food worth the cost. There's also a diner (can't remember the name) just east of the the CVS where the road splits south of Diver's Direct - good food and reasonable prices
That's DJ's Diner. AWESOME breakfast menu. I used to walk over there with my buddy in the morning from the Bayside Inn. Excellent prices.

Has anyone mentioned Hobo's yet?

Hobo's, ah yes. Convenient to Quiescence.

Craig's is worth a try for any meal of the day.

Since you're coming from Scotland, I have to throw Dairy Queen (DQ) into the mix. It's not high end dining by any stretch, but fast food and ice cream under one roof.

Meh, if you want good ice cream check out Mr. C's (two locations; easiest one for me to find is around MM 103.5 next to Sailfish Scuba and there's another one farther south after the US-1 divide). That used to be my after-work treat when I was diving regularly down in Key Largo. Now that I'm more a of a Palm Beach County regular I can't really give advice on eats and dive operators, although I liked my one experience with Quiescence.

Don't forget the frozen chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick at Key Largo Chocolates.

Once again... everyone has missed the point of this post. Victoria.. you have to remember to return to lovely Aberdeen at the end of your trip. No matter what you do.. even if you just lie around the pool and fry your body raw, it's mo' bettah that Scotland.

It always cracks me up watching the US Border Patrol in the Keys. They're not rustling up illegal Cubans or Haitians - they're herding up the illegal Norwegians or maybe Glaswegians who decided that life over here was not so bad.

But, not matter what, please have fun. Got it?

Meh, if you want good ice cream check out Mr. C's (two locations; easiest one for me to find is around MM 103.5 next to Sailfish Scuba and there's another one farther south after the US-1 divide). That used to be my after-work treat when I was diving regularly down in Key Largo. Now that I'm more a of a Palm Beach County regular I can't really give advice on eats and dive operators, although I liked my one experience with Quiescence.
Is the south one the one with the old pictures and Marilyn Monroe stuff on the wall?

Is the south one the one with the old pictures and Marilyn Monroe stuff on the wall?

Yep. My grad student chums stumbled upon it one night while they were grabbing pizza at the place that used to be next door and made it a favorite. That one was always a bear to find ... I've known about it for over ten years and I still manage to miss it most of the time. The one by Sailfish is a lot easier to locate and get in and out of.

Yep. My grad student chums stumbled upon it one night while they were grabbing pizza at the place that used to be next door and made it a favorite. That one was always a bear to find ... I've known about it for over ten years and I still manage to miss it most of the time. The one by Sailfish is a lot easier to locate and get in and out of.
This place is awesome. If you want any ice cream in the Keys, go there.

I am seriously going to buy a party-size drum and take it home to Georgia when I go down on the Fourth of July.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom