Key Largo Charters Help???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all....

I always got good advice from you fellow divers so here I go again....

I am looking for a dive op in Key Largo....Im looking to book 6 divers on Jan 12-16....we want to dive 3 days with 2 night dives....

We really dont want to follow the snorkelers...nor the newbies getting the OW Certification done.....We want a smaller boat without the dive guide...and oh yeah....Speigel is a must ....twice....

So...anyone know of anything down there that may fit our needs??

NightRaven77

Also....did you check out my buddies dive shop site.??? especially those of you from the Buckeye state of Ohio!!

He is keeping that dive shop dream alive....Great job Mike!!

We wouldnt be diving without people like you!

NightRaven77:
Hey all....
I always got good advice from you fellow divers so here I go again....
I am looking for a dive op in Key Largo....Im looking to book 6 divers on Jan 12-16....we want to dive 3 days with 2 night dives....
We really dont want to follow the snorkelers...nor the newbies getting the OW Certification done.....We want a smaller boat without the dive guide...and oh yeah....Speigel is a must ....twice....
So...anyone know of anything down there that may fit our needs??
NightRaven77
I put together a trip for the week of Feb 4th and we are booked with Silent World out of Key Largo. They have a 6 pack, and have a package deal on charters. They also have a deal with the Hungry Pelican motel. Check them out at http://www.silentworldkeylargo.com/index.html
C-Dawg

I went diving in July with Quiescence. They are a 6 pack or less boat dive shop and give you real individualized service. They are very economical as well. You will not be disaapointed with them, Check them out:

http://www.quiescence.com/

I second the vote on Quiesence. I used them for my OW and AOW plus have done a number of other dives with them. All the DMs and Instructors that I worked with are first class.

I am a single diver, so I always need a buddy. They always worked something out and I had very good dives with them.

They are extremely safety conscious.

Ron Blesser is the owner and Jeannine handles the shop.

PM me if you want any further information.

Harry

I concur with the above referrals as well. Both of those ops do a great job!!

Also try Dive In they have smaller boats and once we were out on the Speigel with just three of us! Awesome dives!

I would recommend Ocen Divers, boats are not real small, but I have good experiences with. They dive the Speigel quite often. Boat staff are very helpful.

divengolf:
I second the vote on Quiesence. I used them for my OW and AOW plus have done a number of other dives with them. All the DMs and Instructors that I worked with are first class.

I am a single diver, so I always need a buddy. They always worked something out and I had very good dives with them.

They are extremely safety conscious.

Ron Blesser is the owner and Jeannine handles the shop.

PM me if you want any further information.

Harry

I've dove several days with Quiesence also. They run I think 3 different 28 foot boats out to sites. I'd dive with them again.

See if you can get Capt Steve or Capt Mike as your boat Capt. Steve.
We all really liked Steve a lot. He told you a lot of information about
the dive site you were at and was extremely helpful. The other group
of people dove with Mike and like him.

Quiessence seems to charge a little more than the other shops though.
They charge $70 for a 2 tank dive with tanks/weights.

They do have nitrox available, but for some reason would only give
us at 29% or 30% fill instead of 32%. I'm not sure why. Also their
Nitrox was kinda overpriced also. To do a 2 tank with 1 nitrox
tank and a $10 Spiegal Gove medallion was $91 from them.
(and this was before all the gas prices went up)

I wasn't real impressed with Rob Blasser though. He was kinda
"full of himself". But I'd use them again with Capt Steve or Mike.

The spiegel is 140 to the sand from what I've read. Max recommended depth fpr 32% is 110 ft. 30 gets you 120 and 29 a little more than that according to my DSAT table. Probably just added safety margin for them and you. As far as key largo ops any one have experience with admiral or atlantis dive center(s). Thanks

Hi there, I did the keys with some extremely educated divers I met in the Turks and Caicos. I out of everyone was the least qualified, I did my advanced w/nitrox while in Key Largo with one of the divers who is a DM.
We went out on the HMS Minnow, not a large boat but we were out early and were first to all sites, we did the duane, the bib and the spiegel. wow. enjoyed every moment.
HMS Minnow, Key Largo Holiday Inn Docks, Toll Free 1-800=366-9301.
Chances are if you book this boat it will be only your group as I think we had 5 of us out only each time. Husband and Wife own charter company, Very efficient and knowledgable. The only advertising is word of mouth, you must book well in advance to dive with them, we wanted one more day and no luck so he called Island Adventures to book us. They were okay, but I think it could get crowed as they do hold more divers on a larger boat.
HMS Minnow is excellent, we were thankful to have one of our group aware of this charter company, give them a call.

Stayed at the Coconut Palms Inn, very quaint nice rooms. Holiday Inn is great it is right there and it has a nice pool area. A bit tooo noisy for me and it will be holiday season when you are there.

Happy diving.

Back
Top Bottom