KEY LARGO DIVE REPORT, friday, 6/6/14, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
spontaneous, last minute decision to dive today(benefits of residing in south florida). decided on glass minnows @ French reef(xmas tree/hard bottom caves) or the blue hole abeam sand island. however neither sites had decent visibility. cruised further south to the dependable molasses reef area(30+ mooring buoys)in search of blue water and we found it. sun/clouds, light winds, initially flat seas increasing to 1FT. once again the shallow buoys and duane/bibb were crowded so we elected to dive one of the three unoccupied deep mooring balls. 1st dive, M26: nice blue water, viz 80FT, light NE current, water temp a constant 82F @ 40-85FT. stayed put for dive # 2: viz decaying somewhat to 60-70FT, variable current light to occasionally mdt and temps 80-82F/thermoclines. nothing special today, having said that, beats working etc! pics from timg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• dm1.jpg
    dm1.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 165
  • dm2.jpg
    dm2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 179
  • dm3.jpg
    dm3.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 178
  • dm4.jpg
    dm4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 155
  • dm5.jpg
    dm5.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 154
  • dm6.jpg
    dm6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 150
  • dm7.jpg
    dm7.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 146
  • dm8.jpg
    dm8.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 141
  • dm9.jpg
    dm9.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 140
  • dm10.jpg
    dm10.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 159
  • dm11.jpg
    dm11.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 152
  • dm12.jpg
    dm12.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 138
  • dm13.jpg
    dm13.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 123
  • dm14.jpg
    dm14.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 133
  • dm15.jpg
    dm15.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 136
Living the dream, living that close to practical spontaneous diving.

I won't be so jealous next time a hurricane rolls through down there, though...

Richard.

P.S.: Then again, we've got tornados to think about up here...

Enjoy the life while you can my friend! In the mean time, dive gear is packed and gumbo ingredients are purchased...see you next week :D

Great job Tim!

Pic 3 is interesting

Thanks for the report! My wife and i will be staying in Key Largo and diving Islamorada next week. I hear the conditions are getting better every day.

marine conditions looks great thru the forecast period(next Thursday) and the visibility has been super all week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Enjoy the life while you can my friend! In the mean time, dive gear is packed and gumbo ingredients are purchased...see you next week :D

Great job Tim!

Thank you Cajun Diva. See you in a couple weeks.

---------- Post added June 6th, 2014 at 11:07 PM ----------

Thanks for the report! My wife and i will be staying in Key Largo and diving Islamorada next week. I hear the conditions are getting better every day.

Summer is here, more diving on the way. Water is around 80 degrees.

---------- Post added June 6th, 2014 at 11:08 PM ----------

Pic 3 is interesting
Had a blast with that sharksucker. He was following us around trying to attach.

Great job Tim!

File Gumbo?, Chicken and Sausage?, Seafood? or Ya Ya? Mine's more of a Ya ya with everything in it but never any Okry or file. Makes it too slimy. Unless you know just how to do it.

Hi Tim,

Nice Sharksucker, they give me the creeps when they think I am their shark. I love the Whitespotted Filefish and the ? Balloonfish

We were on Molasses yesterday as well (with Sea Dwellers). Saw two stingrays hanging out, not a care in the world. BEAUTIFUL conditions.

Not bad this morning on the Benwood either. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom