Key Largo in November!! 98% certain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AevnsGrandpa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well looks like it is certain that the wife and I will be celebrating our 35th anniversary at Key Largo this November! Hoo Hoo!

I had dove West Palm Beach many years ago but never the keys so looking forward to the John K. park whatever else I can find. She is not a diver but I am sure I can get away for a day.

So what are the temps and vis in early November down there? Will be renting equipment so I am also looking into the dive shops.

Thanks for any hints and tips!! (I am AOW, diving since 2003 but not a whole lot of dives <100)

Jeff

I took two trips to the Keys in November of 2016 and had a great experience both times. The restaurants weren't yet too crowded, the marine conditions were good, the air was still warm and the water temps were in the high 70's.

I dove with Conch Republic mostly. Also made a couple of trips with Rainbow Reef and one with Islamorada Dive Center. CRD is my favorite because I like the staff and some of the sites they visit more frequently than other shops. If you want a guide, the other two are good options. All three have big stable boats. If you like smaller six pack boats, Quiescence is a good option

Happy 35th anniversary ! The water temp should be in the upper 70's , and Visibility varies
from day to day . All of the operators rent gear if you go on their boat . Have a great time diving !
Take you wife to the Key Largo fisheries back yard café one afternoon for lunch , you guys will
love it !
Sea Dwellers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom