Key Largo New Years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieZ

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm going to Key Largo from December 28th till Jan. 8th for a little diving. I've been there a couple times before but dont seem to remember if there is any place in town to rent scooters/mopeds. I would like to rent one for the day and travel down to Key West, stopping here and there. I think the trip by car is 3 hours but not sure. Ive been to Key West before and consider the night life there alot of fun. Just trying to cut away from some of the after diving boredom of Key Largo. Anyone out there know of such a rental place.

There are places to rent mopeds everywhere. Try diving the lower Keys, though. Looe Key and the Adolphus Busch are good dives...

Hi scubanarc,

Try Riva Yamaha South, mm 98.7 in Key Largo for Mopeds. 305-451-3320 or 877-748-2926. I don't know if they rent them. But if you want some free advice. DON'T drive to Key West on a moped. You may find yourself in the ditch or worse on the way back. Especially, at night. There are lots of rental places in Key West to get them.

Conch

I think I checked into that place already and I think they only sell them. Yeah I thought about the whole moped idea a couple more times and I dont think I'll do it. I can see myself having 1 to many beers in Key West and not making it back. My luck I would hit one of those small dogs you guys call Key Deer. LOL Thanks for the advice. Were actually diving out of Tavernier with Tom at Florida Keys Dive Center. Maybe I'll see you down there. I'll stop into your dive shop to say hi to Conch. Maybe we can have a beer together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom