Key Largo temp late February?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a trip planned to Key Largo in late February. Can someone tell me the usual weather for that area at that time of year. What is the water temp?
What is suggested for a wetsuit? (Well I have only a 6.5 mil farmer john anyway so not many options).....
Thanks.

I was there in early March last year, and the water was 74. Preety choppy seas are the norm that time of year.

Based on last year expect to get air temps from upper 70's to mid 80's and water temps from 70-72 degrees, however by the first week of March last year water temps had risen to about 77. So you are right about when I went from my 3mm to my .5mm wetsuit.

Hi Adjuster-jd,

I am living in Toronto Ontario and I dive dry 24-7-365. When I travel south I find that if you are only doing a couple of dives a day, I can get away with having a 3mm.

Saying that I ususally dive 4-5 times a day (2-morning; 2-afternoon; 1-night) and use a 5mm.

By the end of the dives I think that it is personal preference based on how cold you get while diving. Diving with a 5mm is definately not unheard of. I was really supprised the last trip I made to see the DM's diving with drysuits....

I relate drysuits to 50ish water and that is not the case. You may see high 60's to low 70's while visiting in February.

Have a great time.

Dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom