Key West/Ocho Rios Scuba excusions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phishie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm taking a cruise next week and there don't appear to be any ship-sanctioned scuba excursions for Key West (Nov 16 arrive 8am) or for Ocho Rios (Nov 19 arrive 7:30am).

I'd like to schedule something (preferably with a group since I'm the only diver in my group) for those two locations but I'm kinda lost on how to find a good local party.

Any suggestions?

Call Dive Key West (305-296-3823) and see if they will hook you up.

Call Dive Key West (305-296-3823) and see if they will hook you up.

Gave them a try. They said their checkin time is 8am and are a half hour away from the docks so it wouldn't work out :( They suggested googling some of the other shops that are closer to the docks.

For anyone else looking for Cruise diving in Key west. The following were the closest to the dock that I could find. Hopefully it'll save someone else some time.

I booked with:

Captain's Corner 305-296-8865
Really close to dock, $90 w/rental 2tank dive, really friendly on phone
9:30am dive which is great for cuise

Also:

Subtropic 800-853-dive
$120 for same, were soso on phone.
8:30am dive

Southpoint Diving 800-891-DIVE
$120 for same, was helpful on phone and tried to solve my request

Also:

Bonsai Diving 305-294-2921
No quote since they didn't have a dive that day.

Of the four above, I have dove with and strongly recommend Southpoint if you need to be close to the dock. Dive Key West is a super diveop as well, but their boat is on Stock Island, a good hike away.

For Ocho Rios I booked a 2 tank dive with Garfield Diving Station

They're walking distance from the cruise dock. $90 for 2 tank dives with equipment.

I also found resortdivers.com which supposedly works out of Ocho Rios but they didn't respond to my email inquiry within 24 hours so I booked with Garfield.

edit: Resortdivers did eventually respond. $80 for 2tank dive, but rental was extra making it more like $120.

Last edited:
For anyone else looking for Cruise diving in Key west. The following were the closest to the dock that I could find. Hopefully it'll save someone else some time.

I booked with:

Captain's Corner 305-296-8865
Really close to dock, $90 w/rental 2tank dive, really friendly on phone
9:30am dive which is great for cuise

Also:

Subtropic 800-853-dive
$120 for same, were soso on phone.

Southpoint Diving 800-891-DIVE
$120 for same, was helpful on phone and tried to solve my request

Also:

Bonsai Diving 305-294-2921
No quote since they didn't have a dive that day.

While I've had past good experiences with SubTropic, unless they've moved, they are no where near the cruise boat dock. They are on the other side of the island.

FYI.

Look forward to your report on how everything went.

My post was a little unclear. I didn't book with all of them. I only booked with Captain's corner and the others were dive shop options (relatively) close to the dock. I'll let everyone know how things went when I get back with both CC and Garfield. And whatever unnamed Dive shop the cruise ship hooks me up with in the Grand Cayman.

My post was a little unclear. I didn't book with all of them. I only booked with Captain's corner and the others were dive shop options (relatively) close to the dock. I'll let everyone know how things went when I get back with both CC and Garfield. And whatever unnamed Dive shop the cruise ship hooks me up with in the Grand Cayman.

Rather than pot luck (and a cattle boat) using the cruise ship dive OP, check out Indigo Divers. They operate on Seven Mile Beach and should pick you up at the dock.

Blog recap of my trip (along with links to three pages of pictures):
Phishie Blog Caribbean cruise!

Short version:
Captain's Corner (Key West): Great
Don Foster's (Grand Cayman): Good
Garfield Diving (Ocho Rios): Accident/Incidents forum post waiting to happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom