Keys trip planned

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8buck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I will be down in the keys the week of Jan 7th and was wondering if there were shore diving? Those of you who know me know i will dive in a mud puddle. I know the reefs are 3 to 5 off shore and all the better diving is done out of a boat, and i know the keys are shallow but there has to be somewhere i can jump in and get wet???

I will be down in the keys the week of Jan 7th and was wondering if there were shore diving? Those of you who know me know i will dive in a mud puddle. I know the reefs are 3 to 5 off shore and all the better diving is done out of a boat, and i know the keys are shallow but there has to be somewhere i can jump in and get wet???

There's some great bridge dives but no real shore dives that are easily accessible. The bridge dives are very tide dependent and definitely considered an advanced dive IMO.

Man, long time no see! How's it going?

Doing good how are you doing. I have bee away from the board for awhile ( no reason) busy with work I still keep in touch with Yale. Hows Venice? I am planning a trip to the keys Jan 8th -12th my wife is going for work and I am going hoping to get wet somewhere.

I was checking prices to try to make it to the Keys in January but it didn't work out. I did find a good deal for someone who is not with a group and doesn't qualify for group discounts. Ocean Divers out of Key Largo will let you buy a card of 5 dive charters for $325.00 which is only $65.00 per trip and they furnish tanks and weights. The card doesn't expire.

I was checking prices to try to make it to the Keys in January but it didn't work out. I did find a good deal for someone who is not with a group and doesn't qualify for group discounts. Ocean Divers out of Key Largo will let you buy a card of 5 dive charters for $325.00 which is only $65.00 per trip and they furnish tanks and weights. The card doesn't expire.

Silent World Key Largo has 5-trip cards for $245 and includes tanks/weights as well. ($49/trip!!)

Wow Brian!!! Thanks for the info!! That is even better!! I can't wait to get back down there and dive with you guys. I had a great time!! I am definitely planning on Invading the Keys 2008!!

I hope you have a great trip Brandon!!! I can always crash on the couch if you are really in need of a dive buddy..:wink: I know I am in need of some warm water diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom