Kids scuba gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son is 11, about the same size, a little bigger and heavier but not much. Dives with the wave jr as well with a AL 63 tank. Has a 3 mil suit but the way he is eating pizzas these days... :)

jim

Noticed a set of Deep Sea fins, I think, for kids at the LDS today. They were splits but looked pretty cool for a young man. They were marketed on the package as snorkel fins for kids but I didn't see any difference.

Personally I would advise against taking your son into open water at such a young age, with so little experience yourself (as per your profile).

Generally most parents have enough experience with everyday life that they can keep their kids out of trouble. Parents know the consequences for certain actions and how to avoid them.
Unfortunately, it's not the same with diving if the parents are not experienced. Now, you are essentially as experienced at diving as your child -- probably not the best combination. You don't know all the dangers and can't protect your child as well as you could with years of diving and hundreds of dives.

I've vote to keep the kid in the pool until you have a lot more experience.

To add on to my last post, let me point you here. Read that entire thread, but especially scubapolly's posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom