kings bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmolm69

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has eneyone dove the king springs in Fl. I have read the info on the spring and depth was to be 35' .I found a hole in the NE corner, back to the boat I go and get the gear I need, to take a look. I droped in the hole about 5' across and down to 60' turned south and about 25' I intered a ball room 30' by 50' off the room was three cave tunnels, I run my lines and about 225' I stoped,I did not get enought gear. time to turn. Has eneyone else seen this and how far did you go and did you do the other tunnels

Tim

It's been five or six years since I've been diving there. I don't remember anything like this. If I get a chance I'll run down there and take a look. It's only a 45min drive from my house. Sounds like a good after work dive.
I know a couple of years ago an open water diver died trying to cram himself in a hole in that area. I don't remember the details. If I remember correctly he got in but couldn't get out.

Thanks NIC I loved the dive, and finding the hole and cave made it better. Good luck and be very thoughtful of the rocks as you enter. They look to be unstable around the enterance, You mite take a few jack-bars to be safe.
Tim

Yeah i do not remember this either as we taught open water there. I thought King spring was just a ball room. Now another buddy told me about a hole over in that area not 3 sisters either that you drop into a hole and it opens up pretty big he also said it was a little tight even for his side mount

I plain on driving down in jan. sometime,and take what i need to go in more then 225'. I was in town to visit a freind,and he said we need to go dive kings bay, who was i to stop this, hehe! I just had a 100 with me and no real gear for this type of dive.But I will the next trip

Tim

What part of florida is this in?

dhampton82:
What part of florida is this in?

Crystal River, across the state from you by the gulf.

I dove King Springs a few years ago and don't remember anything like that either. I did explore a few holes, but didn't see anything that opened up. Keep us updated on what's there. I didn't think I'd dive it again, but I just may have to... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom