Kino Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasondcrawford

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm calling on scubaboarders for help!! I'm going to be in Kino Bay from May 8th to May 11th and desperately hope to get some diving in. I've been there once before, and remember vis being bad to very bad, but am hoping someone on this board can give me some advice on where I need to go for diving and maybe snorkeling. I don't personally speak spanish, but there will be those in my party that do.

How far do I have to go for good, or even decent, diving?

I haven't been there since 1971 or 1972, but I do remember the vis being pretty poor. I wonder what the diving is like out on Pelican Island, or Tiburon if you can get to it.

Hate to mention it, but it was while I was kayaking out to Pelican Island back then that I had a very large (~22 ft) tiger shark bump my kayak. Without question an experience I don't want to repeat!

kino bay near san carlos still does not have any infra structure and the vis is bad, however if you go onto San Carlos( guaymas) there are several good shops and Ships that can take you out to any number of good diving spots...Last July I used Ocean sports out of tucson/san Carlos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom