Knife attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put mine on my right shoulder strap with zip ties, note mine isn't a zeagle knife though. It stays put, is out of the way, and is easy to get to.

pcornell:
Anyone have pictures of their knife attached to a Zeagle BC?
I zip tie mine to the waist belt/cumberbun.

BLRKTDB.JPG

This is the knife (or similar) I have, and I've been diving with this zip tied to my BC for several years now. I find a knife is invaluable..... For cutting FRUIT! :mooner:

sjspeck:
Here's mine on the right side bladder flap. The knife is a Wenoka Blackie Collins TI blunt tip.
]

You're covering up that cool "ZEAGLE" logo!!

I zip tie mine (Riffe) to the corragated hose same as Scott has mentioned. Easily acessible, yet out of the way.

I like that zip tie idea. Will have to give that a look see when I get back home.

On the Wacona I know you can take out the screw down thingies and it will sit relatively flat. Dont have to "permanently alter" anything.

Oh, and something I learned a long time ago. If you are going to do the burn route, dont use a soldering iron as they get too hot and are normally too big at the tip.

Take a small nail and some vise grips and heat the nail with a lighter or something. Use a nail much smaller than what you need. The reason is once the material starts to melt it will continue to do so for a short distance. If you use a nail the exact size of the hole you need, the hole will end up much bigger than you need. If you can get a piece of material to practice on....much recommended !!

Don't have pics but I put mine all the way down on the left shoulder strap. It kinda hides behind the pocket.

I use the fold-out pocket on my Ranger.

RICHinNC:
Oh, and something I learned a long time ago. If you are going to do the burn route, dont use a soldering iron as they get too hot and are normally too big at the tip.

Take a small nail and some vise grips and heat the nail with a lighter or something. Use a nail much smaller than what you need. The reason is once the material starts to melt it will continue to do so for a short distance. If you use a nail the exact size of the hole you need, the hole will end up much bigger than you need. If you can get a piece of material to practice on....much recommended !!

Yes, I forgot to mention that as well...thanks!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom