Knight's Sink/Lake Tarpon - buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
Anyone here ever dive Knight's sink or Tarpon sink in Tarpon Springs? I've been looking at them on Mike Emmanuel's page. I'm only interested in going to about 100' and would like to find a buddy who would like to do the same and is not afraid of gators! i know access is restricted, but you can get in by boat. Anyone?

A number of years back I dove what I was told was Tarpon Spring. It's near where they dive for the cross on Epiphany day. It's actually a sinkhole than connected the bayou with Lake Tarpon and allowed a tidal flow between them The story goes that the "spring" was sealed shut to make Tarpon Lake a fresh water lake. So, Tarpon Spring is now a dead, no flow, muddy hole with low viz that goes down about 80-feet. The sides are lined with sharp oyster shells.

From what I remember we just parked our car along the road that goes around the bayou, geared up, and jumped in. The spring was out near the center and we just swam around until we found it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom