know anywhere/one i can get cheap weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

askdjasd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Need 10 (2 - 5's) for back of bcd.

it would cost me $40.00 each :(

anyone have spares laying around?

Hunting for weights on the bottom when you don't have enough weight is a bit of a catch 22 isn't it?

:wink:

Seriously though, I added 2 5lb weights to the webbing of my bc to take some of the strain off my lower back (the 45lb weight belt made hour-long dives pretty painful). Now I'm trying to figure out a way to distribute some more of the weight belt off my waist. What "format" of weights are you looking for? Sometimes those soft weights with ankle straps that they used to use for aerobics or whatever can be found in thrift stores for a couple of dollars. I've even seen some that must have been 5 lbs.

Try putting a single weight pocket on each side of your tank band - that would hold 5 lbs each though not ditchable. Also, the DUI harnesses are fabulous for taking the strain off the back. 36lbs on my small frame was killing my back and hips - since I started using the harness - way way better.

oh yes.. that DUI harness works wonders. agreed 200%

Try putting a single weight pocket on each side of your tank band - that would hold 5 lbs each though not ditchable. Also, the DUI harnesses are fabulous for taking the strain off the back. 36lbs on my small frame was killing my back and hips - since I started using the harness - way way better.

My concern with taking more weight off my belt has to do with trim. If I had 25 lbs on my waist and 20 lbs up around my bc/tank strap, would I need 10lb ankle weights to offset the "front-heavy" trim?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom