Ko Phi Phi or Ko Lanta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to Koh Lanta with my wife and adult niece last February... we dove one day and I was hooked!!! I went back in May and finished my cert and I've been diving ever since....

My wife is now certified and we are going back to Lanta both because she wants to see if she can see a whale shark like I did, or maybe a see mantas at Hin Muang!!

The bennies of Lanta are that it is just so flipping peaceful. And the beach in front of our 'resort' (it's just average cinder block bungalows) is unparalleled.

We want to dive multiple days while we are there, but part of the trip is just to relax and we've found Lanta to be a place to do that. Even more than the Philippines.

Everything is easy for English speakers. The people get how to take care of tourists, they have everything a tourist needs, and are so humble and friendly. Saladan is just 5 minutes up the road by scooter, has a mini little night market, a bazaar that runs til early evening, and a couple touristy clothing areas... but it's all so low key...

And you can get wonderful massage service either at the 'resort' or in town, either place, no trouble, low cost...

and food? well, you can use the 'resort' restaurant, stroll down the beach to any of 20-30 bars or BBQs, or Indian food joints that come alive after sunset... or go into town.

See, started with diving, and then there's all the trimmings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom