Koh Haa, Hin Daeng & Hin Muang Livaboard options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whooyeah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
can someone recommend Koh Haa, Hin Daeng & Hin Muang Livaboard options which depart from Phuket or Phi phi?

I will be there from the 24/12 to 12/1

Sorry I don't have the knowledge of the liveaboards operating those dive sites. If you're interested in other options, there are regular day trips to both of those sites from Phi Phi and Koh Lanta.

A day trip to Koh Haa is about 2 hour travel time from Koh Lanta on a large boat and 40 minutes by speedboat. Hin Daeng trips take 4 hours on a large boat and 1:20 on a speedboat. You could literally dive these sites and still be back to enjoy an afternoon on the mainland. Prices vary from shop to shop and also depend if you take the speedboat or big boat.

Phi Phi operators run these trips as well exclusively from speedboats, but I'm not positive on the travel time. Prices are fixed on Phi Phi regardless of the operator, though.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the day trips... and if you're looking for a liveaboard, I hope you find one you enjoy!

It's always difficult when you have tight dates and a specific destination in mind, and I have only two boats with trips during that period out of Phuket. One offers a 4d/4n/14 dive trip from Dec 28-Jan 1 @ THB 24,000. If you are departing on the 1st, this boat may not work well for you since it arrives back at Phuket at about 5 pm, and of course you can't dive for 18 hours before your flight, so even if you can make a late flight, you would risk missing the fourth day of diving all together. The other boat offers a 2d/1n/7 dive trip to Hin Daeng leaving out of Phuket on Dec 28 and returning on Dec 29 @ THB 12,000. If you're interested, let me know and I'll check availability.

Sorry I have done my dates the Australian way. I will actually be there until 12th january.

No, my bad. I misread it. :blush: ...trying to catch up with too much stuff after four days away in a place where there wasn't internet.

In that case, there is yet another (nicer) boat with a 2d/2n/7 dive trip from Jan 6-8 @ THB 17,600.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom