Koh Lanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buadhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
My wife and I are off to Koh Lanta for five days beginning this Saturday. She's a non-diver. I'm planning to dive a day or two. (I'm feeling guilty about leaving her behind for two days....)

We're staying at Narima Bungalows. I'll probably dive with ScubaFish.

Any thoughts on which trips I should book given that I want to maximize diving and minimize possible spousal resentment? I know the Hin Daeng/Hin Muang trip would be great, but that means getting back much later in the day. Or, maybe I could do that trip and only dive one day? :(

Hin Daeng trip is my favorite in this area. There are several operators on Lanta that operate off speedboats. You could make a trip out there and still be back by early afternoon rather than in the evening. The cost is not significantly more than the large boats, either. PM me if you want any more info.

Otherwise, I'd definitely recommend Koh Haa for a day trip. Beautiful site with dives for all levels of divers. If your wife is keen, there is also great snorkeling in the Koh Haa Lagoon. Snorkelers have been seeing baby black tip reef sharks regularly in the past few weeks as well as sea snakes, turtles, etc. She could have a snorkel while you get some diving in. Either way, hope you have a great trip!

Hin Daeng/Hin Muang is defintely worth the long trip out there. We had 3 mantas circling us for 45 minutes when I dove Hin Daeng. I dove with Lanta Divers and liked them a lot.

I showed my wife photos of Koh Haa. She's now decided to join me as a non-diver (and possible snorkeler) for that trip. Now I don't feel guilty about doing Hin Daeng/Hin Muang on my own one day!

Hi there

We dived Hin Muang and Hin Daeng on two seperate days last December and had fantastic manta sightings on both days. On the first day , when it was calm and sunny snorkellers on other boats had at least as good a view of the mantas as did the divers. However if it rough then it is a very long day for a non-diver and you wouldn't want to try snorkelling.

We went with Scubafish last year and also the year before , and they were fantastic. They really look after their guests. The dive crew , the hospitality and food on board and the comfort of the boats are all first class. Their new boat was nearly as comfortable as a liveaboard with toast and hot drinks and fluffy towels.

Ko Haa is also very beautiful for snorkellers and divers and is not a very long trip. Another nice day trip from Ko Lanta is Ko Phi Phi , a dive site around the corner from Maya bay had loads of big old adorable grumpy-looking turtles.

Have a wonderful trip.

We went with Scubafish ... and they were fantastic. They really look after their guests.

So far, I'm not impressed. Early this week I sent a very specific inquiry to them via their web site. Their response was a form letter asking me to fill out their online express reservation form. I did, but got no confirmation. Sent a followup by email, but, so far, no reply.

I guess I'll have to call, but you'd think a company with a big online presence like theirs would be more responsive to potential customers.

I dont know too much about the dive shops on Lanta, but several years ago I went with Lanta Divers and was very satisfied. From memorry I think it is scandinavian owned / run. Website link below.

www.[B]lantadiver[/B].com

Michael, contact me and I'll give you the direct email for the operations manager at ScubaFish. She is always pretty good about getting back to me, at least.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom