Koh Lipe, Koh Lanta, or Ao Nang?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just saw "speedboat," and yeah, there was a commercial link, but I was expecting real information in the box. I guess we all differ in how user friendly we find various websites, but I didn't find this one all that good. But anyway, I guess between us nikkyo can figure out what to do!

Hi Nikyyo !
We are the only one live aboard MV Flying Seahorse starting from Ko Lanta ! We running trips since 6 years now and we have a new destination for 2013 it is Ko Lipe :)
Is that what you are looking for ? just have a look on our website Lanta Diving Safaris - Liveaboard diving in the Andaman Sea, Thailand - Ko Lanta there you will find all the information's you need.
We have two different trips a 7 day 6 nights 22 dives diving phi phi, shark point, king cruiser, ko ha , hin daeng and ko lipe and back or just the 5 nights 5 days 16 dives.
We also offer daytrips by speedboat to Ko Ha, Hin Daeng, Bidas, Phi Phi , King Cruiser, Shark Point :)
If you need more infos just send me an Email to manta@lanta-diving-safris.com - See you underwater :) Peter

Quero and Wingy thanks again. I'm happy that I can do this in one day from Ao Nang. I was going to fly into Ao Nang and attempt the ferry that same day but that, I'm afraid, may be too much. I'll stay in Ao Nang several days and then take the ferry from there to Lipe. Quero, I would love to see you again and do lunch or something but I really would like to see more of the country as I've been to Phuket twice now. My goal, over the next several years, is to return to Thailand for one month during winter each year and cover the entire country with an eye toward where I may want to spend my retirement time (seven years away: not imminent, but also not an eternity). I'll certainly be back in Phuket eventually as there are a lot of places there I've yet to visit (I've only been to Patong, Karon, and Kata). For sure I'll let you know when I do so we can meet up. Again, thanks so much to you guys, you've helped me a lot.

---------- Post added August 6th, 2013 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quero I was just curious about the status of Hin Daeng and Hin Muang. They were gorgeous sites when we dived them on MM2 and then I recall some kind of coral die off a few years later? Are those sites back to their former glory?

Yes, nikyyo, they're beautiful again. That particular event, if I am thinking of the same one you are, was part of a plankton bloom we had for most of a season several years back when a lot of nutrient-rich "cold" water came into the area. It was like diving in strong tea--reddish brown. The soft corals, including the ones at Hin Daeng and Hin Muang just wilted and looked dead. But the reefs have since fully recovered. Yay!

Hi Nikyyo !
We are the only one live aboard MV Flying Seahorse starting from Ko Lanta ! We running trips since 6 years now and we have a new destination for 2013 it is Ko Lipe :)
Is that what you are looking for ? just have a look on our website Lanta Diving Safaris - Liveaboard diving in the Andaman Sea, Thailand - Ko Lanta there you will find all the information's you need.
We have two different trips a 7 day 6 nights 22 dives diving phi phi, shark point, king cruiser, ko ha , hin daeng and ko lipe and back or just the 5 nights 5 days 16 dives.
We also offer daytrips by speedboat to Ko Ha, Hin Daeng, Bidas, Phi Phi , King Cruiser, Shark Point :)
If you need more infos just send me an Email to manta@lanta-diving-safris.com - See you underwater :) Peter

I wonder if these guys are out of business? I just tried to email the email provided (was interested) and it bounced back. Sad that, thought it would be a great way to dive Lipe without dealing with the ferry to get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom