Koloa Landing Kauai - found old bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMJulie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yesterday I dove out at Koloa Landing in Poipu on the island of Kauai.

We were out about 55 ft, straight out from the landing, out in the sand.
I found 2 old bottles.
The first is a clear bottle that says kauai soda works on the side. It is made of thick glass and still has a metal pull in it. It is about 6 inches.
The second is brown and taller then the first about 8 to 10 inches. This one has the letter R and and the number 19.

anyone found anything like this? any ideas on where to find info on how old these might be?

thanks

Happy Diving!

Here is one on ebay:

ACL soda bottle LIHUE WAIMEA KAUAI HAWAII Garden Island - eBay (item 390006376261 end time Dec-06-08 14:49:00 PST)

Here's some info:

Word Mark GARDEN ISLAND SODA (EXPIRED) NONALCOHOLIC CARBONATED SOFT DRINKS. FIRST USE: 1933. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 1933 Filing Date January 6, 1947 Registration Date March 7, 1950 Owner (REGISTRANT) KAUAI SODA CO., LTD. CORPORATION LIHUE AND WAIMEA HAWAII Disclaimer NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE WORD "SODA" APART FROM THE MARK SHOWN
SODA AND CARBONATED BEVERAGE TRADEMARKS 1940

Not much info on google about the history of this company...

Sean

There should be some really neat artifacts located at Koloa Landing due to it's history with cargo ships. Keep looking, especially after storms because the sands shift. When we dive in Bermuda we find a lot of neat artifacts located under coral heads.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

Back
Top Bottom