Komodo Liveaboard in April....?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcaqua

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

My first post on this forum, so pls. be gentle!
icon_biggrin.gif

Looking to dive for 5 -6 days with some friends (all advanced, 70 plus dives, 1 Dm among us) in Komodo in mid-April. Looking for professional diving outfit with decent boat (not looking for luxury, computers in cabins, etc.) and pleasant food/atmosphere. The diving is all important to us (too many scary stories read).

Most grateful for any suggestions!

Best,

Rene

Hi Rene. Maybe I can help, what is your daily budget per person? And how many of you are in the group?

Best
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for offering to help. We are prob. looking at 150 USD p.p.p.d.

Not fascinated by luxury on board, but more interested in solid professional dive guides...

Rene

Try Wicked Diving. I have dived with them in both Komodo and the Similan Islands in Thailand. The Komodo liveaboard is moderately comfortable, but the crew are extremely switched on! They are always watching what the tides are doing, each dive guide has an underwater emergency radio and they have a small support boat keeping watch from above on each dive. And the dive sites are the best I've ever seen.

We took a trip on the Black Manta a couple of months ago, and they were great...professional, well-equipped, everything one could ask for. They offer trips of the duration that you are looking for.

Try Wicked Diving. I have dived with them in both Komodo and the Similan Islands in Thailand. The Komodo liveaboard is moderately comfortable, but the crew are extremely switched on! They are always watching what the tides are doing, each dive guide has an underwater emergency radio and they have a small support boat keeping watch from above on each dive. And the dive sites are the best I've ever seen.

Hi Clownstep,

Thanks for your reply. I was indeed looking at Wicked, having been diving with them on the Similans. Just how "uncomfortable" is the boat? Does it get very hot in the cabins at night? Any specific recommendations on what i shoudl tak ewith me....?

Many thanks

Rene

Hi Clownstep,

Thanks for your reply. I was indeed looking at Wicked, having been diving with them on the Similans. Just how "uncomfortable" is the boat? Does it get very hot in the cabins at night? Any specific recommendations on what i shoudl tak ewith me....?

Many thanks

Rene

It's fine, it's not the Hilton Hotel but I never had any problems sleeping at night. After diving all day in some strong currents you'll have no issues. Each bed has a small fan.

They provide soap and towels, so you really just need some clothes and toiletries. For diving it may be a good idea to take a long sleeve rash shirt, I got stung pretty bad on my forearm on my last dive. But that was more down me watching a group of Manta Rays and not where I had my arm.

You won't need to take much, Labuan Bajo is hot so keep it light and I'd recommend you find accommodation at the bottom of the hill closer to town and not up the top like I did. It's cooler out to sea but the sun is still strong.

Anything else I'm happy to answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom