Kona Aggressor Mar. 29 thru Apr. 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ivyleaguediver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello all, I am going to be making my first visit to Hawaii and will be diving from the Kona Aggressor leaving March 29. Was just wondering if there is anyone who has made this trip before and has some comments to make or if there are any fellow travelers who want to introduce themselves. I plan to arrive a day before and will be staying at the King Kamehameha Hotel. I believe the boat docks nearby.

We did the KA2 a year ago in August.

Take more insulation than you think you need. I brought a 3mil suit, with a 3 mil core warmer and a 3 mil full hood, and ended up wearing all of it by day 3. My wife brought a tropical drysuit and was fine. If we were going back I'd take my Fusion in addition to a 3mil.

I plan to arrive a day before and will be staying at the King Kamehameha Hotel. I believe the boat docks nearby.
We booked a single room here for the last day - our flight was at 10:00 PM and we wanted a place to stash our gear and wash up before the flight. Wow. It wasn't bad - it was nasty, and we swore we would never return. Just a FYI.

All the best, James

My son and I did the Kona Aggressor last Aug. and we had a great time. We both wore 3mil and were ok though a 5mil would have been ok too. If you get cold easy go for a little more warmth. Water temps were usually between 74-78. Though it was warmer once in awhile.

Have fun.

The King Kam is tired at best, though it is certainly convenient to the boat. I'm under the impression some rooms are better than others so if your room sucks it might be worth complaining and trying to get switched.

My last couple trips have been in August and I was fine with my usual 1mm, but March is a different matter. As far as the KA2 - don't plan on losing weight!

Back
Top Bottom