Kona Dive Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, I just made reservations to arrive in Kona on Wednesday, March 9 (around 2pm), and leave late on Sunday, March 13. I'll be staying at the Kona Seaside in Kailua.

Now all I need is some dive buddies to do some shore diving with. Anyone interested in doing a dive or two or three on Wed. afternoon, or Thursday or Friday or Saturday? I guess the alternative is to hire someone from one of the dive shops. Any recommendations? Thanks.

pm sent - I'd be happy to show you around.

How are the beach diving conditions lately?

mccabejc:
How are the beach diving conditions lately?

Lately, mediocre by Kona standards. Pretty darned good by west coast standards. By the 9th of the next month, should likely be a bit better. We've been seeing a lot of west swell which affects nearly everything. January and February traditionally see the worst of the swell conditions as far as shore diving goes. It only takes two days without a swell to turn to fabulous conditions here.

Steve

The day after Jim leaves Kona my husband and I will arrive! We'll be there March 14-18; not enough time to dive all your great sites but I guess this will have to be an intro trip. I can't wait to see the Big Island and its underwater splendor!

We've signed up for the Manta Night Dive and I intend to play the rest by ear until I see what the shore dive conditions are likely to be... The book Big Island Revealed has been sooo helpful for us to get a lay of the land and the sea before we arrive!

Anyway.... if you want to dive with us, we'll be there!! PM me and we can share contact info.

Diving Kona March 15, 16, 17
Honolulu to visit family (please, tempt me with a morning dive on the 19th or 20th!!!)
Diving Maui March 22, 23, 24, 25 or so.

Debbie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom